Volume keeps turning itself down?Support

1. iamAmmyyy

iamAmmyyy Member

Only recently my phone when it's on like .. but not locked or anything the volume will turn itself down right down to vibrate and continue vibrating until I turn it right up again, but now it seems to turn itself straight back down to vibrate again and its a long battle until I can get it to stop or just lock my phones screen. It's becoming very annoying and I don't know what to do with it?

I've taken the battery out and had a look to see if it was caught on the button or something but nothing. and that seemed to just mess my phone up and it's just had to reboot on safe mood.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!
    Thank you!

Advertisement
    :
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

It sounds like there could be something that is sticking the volume key (even if you can't see it). You may be best taking it to a shop, as they would be able to take it apart to check/sort.
  3. iamAmmyyy

iamAmmyyy Member

Yeah I've had a look but .. not taken it apart or anything! I could do, I'm with Orange so the Orange shop do you think or somewhere else? Also, do you think they'll charge me for it?

Thanks for your response :)
  4. D-U-R-X

They shouldn't charge you for it, as it should be covered by warranty... the DHD comes with a 2 year warranty. I wouldn't do it yourself either because, if you take it apart, the seals would be broken and they could say that it was caused by you.

Let us know how you get on :)
  5. iamAmmyyy

iamAmmyyy Member

I didn't get it insured though? Does that matter?
    I'll have to find some free time to get down to Orange or something, I'll let you know how it goessss when I do though! Thank you!
  6. D-U-R-X

It should be covered under the manufacturer's warranty, which is not the same as insurance... I think you should be ok... let us know what Orange say! :)
  7. iamAmmyyy

iamAmmyyy Member

I haven't been to check my phone out only cause it hasn't actually happened since Saturday which is pretty cool, but my phone battery barely lasts a full day now so I think I'm just gonna buy a new battery .. probably cause I leave it on charge all night, every night.. must've burnt it out and made it worse than a HTC battery usually is!

Thanks for ya help though :)