• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Volume level warning unrooted

Has anyone with an unrooted gs4 found a better solution?
I can't find a true fix for that obnoxious warning that forces me to pull over my car/bicycle, stop the treadmill or pull out my phone while in the ghetto just to make sure I know that "listening at higher levels can be dangerous" by unlocking the screen - clicking "ok" - hitting the volume down key once - then I'm able to turn up the volume with the vol^. I don't use headphones I use a portable speaker except while running (not biking). This "safety feature" is not safe at all. It is a hazard. My phone is not rooted.

The only "fix" I've come across : after starting the music player immediately turn up the volume to make the stupid warning pop up so you can hit "ok" before you begin driving or walking in a shady part of town. It's not a true fix but if you can make it second nature to MAKE the warning pop up on the first song it cuts out a lot of the frustration later.

I understand why the warning is in place but it seems like the equivalent of individually wrapping cigarettes in a pack. I don't smoke but it would be an almost completely useless hassle just like this volume warning.
....... Aaaand that's my 2

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones