• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Volume maxed out and tones not loud enough?

mrmrchris

Oct 17, 2010
Hey Guys. Pleased to see people are slowly but surely getting hold of the phone. :)

Overall I'm pleased with the phone, but the volume seems a bit quiet. I've maxed all the volume settings, but my ring tone and notifications are definitely less audible and crisp than on my old HTC Magic. Has anybody else noticed this?

Yeah, speaker isn't that loud. Best way around this is to find one that is of a higher pitch & therefore easier to hear. Good thing is you can make anything a ring tone, get a file off internet (findsounds.com/freesound.org - type 'phone ring' in the search), or you can even record one yourself. I'm not a fan of music ring tones, they might pose a problem in terms of loudness.
Fortunately there's a concealed led for all notifications, messages etc.
I know that's no help if it's in your pocket or whatever, but with a swift glance you can see if something's waiting without having to activate the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones