Volume maxed out and tones not loud enough?Support

Last Updated:

1. mrmrchris

mrmrchris Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys. Pleased to see people are slowly but surely getting hold of the phone. :)

Overall I'm pleased with the phone, but the volume seems a bit quiet. I've maxed all the volume settings, but my ring tone and notifications are definitely less audible and crisp than on my old HTC Magic. Has anybody else noticed this?

Advertisement
  2. arlrb

arlrb Well-Known Member

Yeah, speaker isn't that loud. Best way around this is to find one that is of a higher pitch & therefore easier to hear. Good thing is you can make anything a ring tone, get a file off internet (findsounds.com/freesound.org - type 'phone ring' in the search), or you can even record one yourself. I'm not a fan of music ring tones, they might pose a problem in terms of loudness.
    Fortunately there's a concealed led for all notifications, messages etc.
    I know that's no help if it's in your pocket or whatever, but with a swift glance you can see if something's waiting without having to activate the screen.

3. The Hoff

The Hoff Well-Known Member

Yes loudspeaker isn't a patch on my iPhone 3G, which is disappointing cause I love to play my music out loud when on public transport, innit!

Not a lot you can really do about it I guess, unless someone releases a volumebooster or something.