Volume problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. creative2008

creative2008 Member This Topic's Starter

In the past few days I've started experiencing a problem with the phone's volume.

Started one morning when the alarm was ringing very quietly, despite the volume being on full. Then later that day I was using a news app to watch a video and after a minute or so of the video the level of the volume dropped - again the bar was still set to full.

Finally, I had a timer ring very quietly under the same circumstances.

I was convinced that I had already upgraded to 2.3.7, but my phone says 2.3.6 so I am in the process of updating now.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions for a fix?

Advertisement
  2. creative2008

Any suggestions before I have to take it to the Carphone Warehouse for them to flash it.

3. queeni

queeni Well-Known Member

Are you sure about 2.3.7 ?? my phone have 2.3.6

4. creative2008

Ah yes, 2.3.6

5. Rileyjsg

Rileyjsg Active Member

Just today, my alarm snooze came up when i was using the phone and the alarm was so soft i had to crane my neck to hear it, and I didn't change any settings - the volume was at maximum. I then proceeded to make a test alarm, tried smsing myself, the music player and everything was so soft to a point where i couldn't hear it, but the incoming ringtone was not affected though: it was at the correct volume (which was full).

I restarted my phone and everything worked again. How to fix it? Or do i need to do a hard reset using *2767*3855# which i saw from one of the websites? Since the incoming ringtone worked (when i tried calling myself), it should be a software problem? Will a hard reset solve it then?

This is my first android phone - I came from Nokia E72 symbian which has too many bugs and am quite sad to encounter problems again... :(

6. Rileyjsg

Rileyjsg Active Member

Anybody with the same problem, or have solved it? Pls help, i want to only reset the phone as a last resort and am not sure if its truly a software problem. Any advice greatly appreciated.