1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Volume Problems

1. Trm5017

Trm5017 New Member

Hello, I need an answer to my troubles. When I turn on the music player I can control the media volume with the volume controls on the side. When I close the media player the volume controls do not go back to controlling the ringer/notification volume (Sound/Vibrate/Mute). Instead they still control the media volume. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome to the forums Trm!

Have you made sure the music player icon is not in the status bar still? Because if so then it is still running, or trying to stay running.

Otherwise have you tried clearing the cache of the music player app you are using?

Hopefully one of these works, if not get back with me! :)

Thanks for joining! :D:D
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Welcome to the community.
    Here's hoping we'll be able to help you with your concern.

Thanks for joining. :)
  4. Trm5017

Trm5017 New Member

Thanks for your answer but it did not work. When i press the volume controls on the side it is still controlling the media instead of the phone (ringer) volume. I went into the music player app and force closed and it still is controlling the media.
  5. Trm5017

Trm5017 New Member

I rebooted the phone and now the controls are controlling the ringer volume. However, when if i open the music player the media volume will take over as primary beneficiary of the volume control.
  6. Trm5017

Trm5017 New Member

Okay. I completely apologize but the problem has seemed to work itself out. Thank you for your help anyway. Now maybe you could tell me a little bit about the RAM. It seems to build up throughout the day. Is clearing memory a good idea? Is there anyway to keep it at a certain level. Or just down for that matter?