• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Volume Rocker to activate the phone...

I have a Moto Atrix and I unlock the phone every time by pressing the power button and then swiping the finger to unlock.

Here, pressing the button will activate the phone. that is, it will light up the screen with locked UI. Then I used to swipe my finger (or give a pwd there).

Question:
Is there a way to bypass the first step to the volume rockers?
What I need is - The screen should be activated when I press the volume rocker. Then I should be able to swipe my finger and unlock it.

Reason: It's pretty hard and tricky to press the power button on the top which is also accommodating the finger swipe instrument.

Thanks in Advance.

That feature is very popular in HTC rom's due to the poor design of some of HTC's power buttons (happens on the droid X too). Its now available across the board, however you will need to be a bit savvy with the Android Os or be very good at following directions. As with the programmer I can't stress how important it is to make a good backup before doing any modifications to the phones operating system. It can be as small as a typo in a file name to ruin your day. The tutorial was written bymaledyris on the XDA forums you can find the thread at this link. [MOD] Wake on Volume Keys via android.policy.jar - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones