Volume Rocker

Last Updated:

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can you turn the rocker off? very annoying

Advertisement
  2. bwsmith

bwsmith Well-Known Member

Yeah I keep hitting it when I take it out of the holster.

3. Hogarth

Hogarth New Member

+1.

I've looked through the SDK, and so far I have not seen if / how one disables hardware buttons.

4. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

I bet it's possible but i don't know how to do it :p. You could always put a piece of black tape over it and that might help make it harder to press.

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

It sucks because the placement is perfect for when its holstered and you want to adjust the volume , its really easy to get to. But at the same time it is terribly placed for removing it from the holster because thats right where you grab it. I am always messing my volume up on accident :(

6. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Agreed! There's gotta be some way to lock it. Or even an app that makes you hold it down for a few seconds before it activates. I bump it a lot by mistake.

Still, way better than the iPhone's flip-to-mute button on the side. I would hit that thing daily and would put my phone into perpetual silence.

7. saltysteve

saltysteve Well-Known Member

isnt this phone supposed to be fully customizable?
    on my storm i coulod chang e any button i wanted to do anything i wanted. does the droid do this?

8. jerknextdoor

jerknextdoor Member

i have a profiles app on my phone for my ringer/notifications and every time i bump the rocker i have to go back in and put my profile back on because the ringer is on vibrate. last night my phone fell about a foot and half and landed on the rocker...it's no longer as sensitive...it actually feels more solid...like it wasn't in place when i bought it. haven't really had the problems today.

9. travva

travva Well-Known Member

really? how did you do that because, no offense, that sounds like bs to me. tell me how to make my volume up button launch blackberry messenger on the storm and how do i disable those buttons?

10. mattikus

mattikus New Member

Personally, I really prefer to keep my phone on vibrate, and I was told about a great app to lock the phone to vibrate mode, basically negating the rocker. It's called Buzzlock, and it seems to work quite well for me.

Hope this helps.

11. thaJack

thaJack Well-Known Member

My experience is that if the screen is locked (not with a pattern, just off/locked) then the volume rocker buttons don't do anything at all. So pulling it from the holster shouldn't be an issue.

I guess if you have an incoming call, maybe, but isn't it still locked at that point?

12. reburns

reburns Active Member

I think a solution would be that the volume button should only activate with a press & hold; an accidential bump shouldn't change anything. Anybody know an app that does this?

13. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I know for sure that media volume can be adjusted when the phone is locked and the screen is off. I do it when listening to music with the phone in my pocket all of the time. As far as adjusting the ringer volume in the same situation, I'm not sure. I don't feel like turning off my music to try it right now. :cool:

14. cunningstunts

cunningstunts Member

I had the same problem, but since I normally keep it on vibrate, I would either turn it to silent, or to the lowest volume when i bumped it, and I was constantly missing calls and texts.

I have been using the free app, Buzzlock. It is very simple, keeps the phone on vibrate while buzzlock is on. I can bump those buttons all i want and it stays on vibrate. It is simple to turn on and off. Another plus is that it only affects the ringer, not the media volume.

Its a good fix if vibrate is what you want.

15. Plakius

Plakius Well-Known Member

I wish they made one for volume too!