Voodoo lagfix, stuck on boot screen.Support

Last Updated:

1. ChaoticPurity

ChaoticPurity Member This Topic's Starter

Update: Issue resolved
    So, I had my device rooted and attempted to install the Voodoo lagfix. I had the SRE 1.3, but I didn't apply the one click lag fix. From what I found, there shouldn't be any problem applying the voodoo lagfix over the SRE kernel. Anyways, to be sure, I reflashed my kernel back to the stock JH7, and used the update.zip method. I got the robot voice telling me it was done, but it stayed on the ATT startup screen for, well, EVER. It never booted up past that point. Worried I had done something wrong, I reflashed, and ran the remove lagfix thing as there was a voodoo folder created. I tried it again and I got the same thing.

Again, I removed the lagfix, reflashed, and tried again, but this time, I fell asleep (for 8 hours or so...) and it was still at the ATT boot screen.

Am I doing something wrong?
    (I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but since you don't require a rooted phone, I figured this would be best)

Note: I do have my device overclocked (as included with the SRE build I used). Would that matter?
    Thanks!
    Looks like the overclocking was not compatible with Voodoo, and that was the issue. This thread can be closed!

Advertisement
  2. camsdroid

camsdroid Member

same thing happenjed top my old phone its bricked i got mine to turn back on after a while but it just took forever to start up. my advice is to exchange my friend if u can if not search forums and try to find a fix for it.

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Overclocking pushes the phone beyond spec. There are no guarantees and weird things can and do happen when you do this since your particular hardware may not run stable past what it was designed to. Unfortunately some custom ROMs come already set to overclock, which can cause issues if your phone misbehaves and you can't get in to turn off the OCing. You have to flash something else.