voodoo question

Last Updated:

1. dan409

dan409 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible to still have remnants of voodoo leftover(1123_test_voodoo_adryn_modded) after doing a return to d101 modem, factory reset, flash stock sys, stock kernel, stock pit and stock recovery. Reformatted sdcard also.

The reason I am asking, is that after I returned back to the DJ05 modem, cwr, stockdeodexedDJ05 and stupidfast-test-v.1.54 kernel I keep crashing whe I try to install DJ05 themes.

I never did the adb complete uninstall of voodoo when I was originally running DJ05 but I assumed a fact reset and return to d101 would of taken care of that.

TIA

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

voodoo should have no effect on themes in any way, so im not really sure if thats the issue

3. dan409

Weird, If it happened on just one theme then I would figure I just got a corrupt download, but it has happened on more than one. Can't figure this one out... .............. yet.

4. nitsuj17

when you say "crashing" do you mean you are bootlooping on either samsung splash screen or boot ani...or do you mean you are having lockups/fc's when booted

5. dan409

After I flash a theme It is locking up at the first SAMSUNG screen when I reboot out of cwr.

6. nitsuj17

you may have flashed a di01 theme on dj05 or vice versa that would bootloop

7. dan409

I made sure to download it from the top section that specifies DJ05 compatibility so I am pretty sure that is not the prob. I will retry and download and see what happens. Sorry for the long delay in responding but I am having dns probs today with TWC, hmmm maybe all of my download are getting corrupted.. Now that TWC its working right again I will downlaod and see what happens. thx nitsuj17

Also, hey nitsuj17 where can I read up on the new recovery that un-installs voodoo ? Have you used it ? Does it work ? Man that would be a real treat.

8. saps

saps Well-Known Member

dan all you have to do to uninstall voodoo is go into the red cwm, go to voodoo page/option and disable lagfix [1st line] then 3rd line allow conversion of whatever its called. It was very fast and easy for me, had to wait about 10 minutes to re convert back and then I was golden