• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vortex MEID problem

Smarty38

Lurker
Jun 18, 2012
I have flashed my LG Vortex with a fresh out of the box ROM using LGNPST due to what I thought at the time was bricking. When I did this I somehow lost my MEID (its all 0s). I am not trying to change my MEID (I know thats illegal) I am trying to restore my MEID to what is on the sticker.

I have used CDMA Workshop to set the ESN and that has worked but my MEID is still blank.

I have tried using QXDM to change the meid but received an error that it received an error response from the target.

I have tried using the LG meid changer but it cant seem to see my phone or something and will not allow me to put in my meid.

I tried DFS and it gives no errors when i write my meid but when i read it afterward it still shows blank.

I would really appreciate any help that anyone can give on this. I have spent days working on this so far and I feel like I am getting close but cant quite reach the goal.

"I have flashed my LG Vortex with a fresh out of the box ROM using LGNPST"

That states it was a STOCK ROM, and since LGNPST only does that, I think it's self-evident that he was using a stock ROM too do so.

I realize it is stock, but which one? There is, in fact, 3 different stock ROMs for the Vortex. I was just trying to identify which one the TC was using.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones