1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Voting Fraud

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Finally, Voter Fraud Uncovered! - YouTube

"The former head of the Florida Republican Party blows the whistle on how Florida's GOP are changing the law regarding early voting rights not because of voter fraud, but because the majority of early voters are Democrat and/or black and they all went for Obama in 2008. Republicans run the state of Florida, and they are doing everything possible, even removing their citizen's legal rights to vote."
  2. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

I always consider the source. I mean, it is Al Sharpton, for golly sakes. You seriously think the Republicans are out to get the democrats and minorities? Get real.
  3. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

you also have to consider the source of the claim..... Jim Greer is about to go to prison because he got caught stealing from the people hes is now making these accusations against.... I can see why the left finds him credible...... hes using their tactics
  4. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

And what sources do you consider "nonbiased"?

Hint: Rush Limbaugh is not a correct answer.
  5. OutofDate1980

OutofDate1980 Well-Known Member

6. OutofDate1980

Because the Republicans are being caught on video telling us that is what they are doing.
  7. OutofDate1980

Why not, he is an employee of Bain and up till around 2002 Romney. A complete bias blowhard.:D
  8. OutofDate1980

It's unfortunate that the red herring of voter fraud has been sold as a problem, when the real problems are casting, counting, and auditing the vote.

Counting Votes 2012: A State by State Look at Election Preparedness | CountingVotes.org

We strongly encourage all fifty states to adopt all of the best practices detailed in this report. Our elections are the essence of our democratic system of government, and we cannot risk irregularities that shake the confidence of the American public. Some of these recommendations cannot be implemented in time for this November
  9. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

ROFL......... their map image of good/inadequate states ranks 6 as "good" ..... while just a cursory 20 second glance at their detailed breakdown shows at least 2 of their 'best' states as receiving "inadequate" scores in at least 1 category

they dont even agree with their own findings......... DUUURRRP
  10. cjr72

cjr72 Well-Known Member

11. Bob Maxey

The dems benefit from voter fraud and voter ID would help stem the tide. There is no doubt of that. The dems do not want educated voters, period. If the voter was educated, Obama would never be president.

We need ID and we need laws that punish those that violate the law. Those people that mention granny and her lack of a drivers lisence, she can get a state ID card. There are people that will help granny get to the polls if she does not drive.

There is simply no excuse for not voting and most certainly, a voter ID law does not hamper the process. If you really care about voting, you will find a way.
  12. OutofDate1980

13. Apoplectic1

Apoplectic1 Well-Known Member

Yes, the fact that people will actually have to reach into their pocket/purse to get out their ID is totally going to discourage people from voting.

While we're at it, why don't we get rid of drivers liscenes and ID's altogether. I mean, it only discriminates against the young and has to put a damper on interstate commerce right?
  14. OutofDate1980

Or why not allocate resources to a known versus nonexistent problem.

http://androidforums.com/politics-current-affairs/598370-voting-fraud.html#post4815874
  15. Apoplectic1

Yes, because we only have a handful of resources to go around. We can't actually go around making jobs by hiring people to swipe ID's to check whether or not that person is in the local system.

I mean, why on Earth would we make voting just as hard as checking out library books?
  16. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

As long as official IDs are given free to everyone who wants one and can prove their identification I have no issues with voter id laws.
  17. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

And I guess edcuated voters put GW in office, Twice? Well, he was given the office his first term by the US Supreme Court. I know, you have a reason for that!
  18. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Agreed!
  19. jhtalisman

jhtalisman Well-Known Member

But therein lies the problem, official ID's are not free. Even just an ID card, not a drivers license, costs $10 in most states. Requiring someone to have one is the equivilant of a poll tax, i.e., requiring someone to spend money to vote, which is against the Constitution. Voting was intended to be of no direct cost to the voter, this is inherently opposite of that intent.
    cmybliss likes this.
  20. Bob Maxey

Voting is vastly more important that checking our library books. We are electing the man or woman to will lead the free world. He or she, in fact, will be the most powerful person on earth.

the last thing we want is a fraud in power, placed there by a fraudulent system.

We need to make sure every vote is legitimate.
  21. Apoplectic1

Thats just it, this still has no direct cost to the voter. They do not have to pay the polling attendants themselves, nor is the ID only good for voting. You need one to fill out any sort of official document.

One must most likely have to pay to vote anyway. Short of walking to a polling location, you have to pay for the gas to get there, bus fare if theres a route, cab fare, the cost to feed and shoe your horse etc.

I agree it would be better if ID's were free. Unfortunately the DOT needs to make money somehow.
  22. A.Nonymous

A fair enough criticism. Waive the $10 fee for anyone who wants an ID. Maybe institute a charge if it's a replacement so the system isn't tied up by fools who constantly lose their ID. Heck, put the replacement charge on the 3rd replacement to give leeway for people who may simply be mugged and lose their wallets. Aside from that, make it free to everyone else.
  23. cjr72

cjr72 Well-Known Member

I just checked in on Pennsylvania's requirements to get a voter ID:

You need to bring documents which themselves may cost money to obtain like a birth certificate, etc.
  24. Bob Maxey

Here in Utah, you are required to carry ID. Not sure about your state. You need ID (in many cases) to get a decent job. You need an SSN as well. If you do not have an SSN and you go to apply for a card, it is almost impossible without some form of ID.

The cost to get an ID is not a poll tax so please do not call it that.

As far as I know, you do not need ID or an SSN to get food stamps, go figure. Any free service for the poor and/or lazy setup by our president is not because he really cares; it is all about the votes.

Voting is vital and it is important. So many of us do not vote but we sure complain about the other guy, who ever that might be.

I am of the opinion that those screaming the loudest likely do not study the candidates much past reading about how bad the other guy is in the liberal press. They do not really care about the process much.
  25. A.Nonymous

A fair enough criticism as well. It looks like the requirements list a Social Security Card (free) and a birth certificate (in my state they are free if you walk into the office in the capital, otherwise you pay $15 or so) and proof of residence (bills sent to your house, etc... so free). I'm too lazy to look up what it takes to get a birth certificate in PA. If there's a charge to that, then I agree with you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.