• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] VROOT disabled media playback plus some...

danss2

Lurker
Apr 19, 2011
Hi, all :)

I've used vroot to get root permission on my Nexus. Got it all working. But discovered that my music playing capabilities are now limited to about 10 min. at a time. Then it stops and resets back to the point in the track where it begun playing from. And it happens to multiple players I've tried, including stock ones.
Also, non-stock alarms or other scheduling widgets refuse to function too.
Tried to unroot using vroot's "unroot" option, succeeded according to vroot and other root checker, but still have kinguser "permitting" apps every now and then.
Anyone had this happen to them or does anybody have any suggestion to try to get it all working again without factory reset?

Thank you, guys:)

I guess that would be the reason why I can't seam to find any info on the issue.... lol
Apologies for a wrong category and not including carrier info. It's Verizon

:) No worries, danss2!

I've got you moved over there (here) now.

I've still got my (rooted) VZW GNex (not currently in-use, though), but never experienced what you've described.

Hopefully someone else will see and respond.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Thank you.
How did you root it? Did you use vroot also?

Oh, no--I did it the "old school" way:

- unlocked my bootloader
- flashed a custom recovery
- flash the superuser.zip file in CWM to install the su binary and the Superuser app

Actually, I'm not that familiar with vroot (there's so many rooting tools out there nowadays (which is good)).

Reactions: danss2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones