VS. Randomizer

Last Updated:

1. AGBandit

AGBandit Member This Topic's Starter

I have found similar websites online that come close to accomplishing what I'm looking for but nothing exact. Random.org/lists is the best that comes to mind. Many Tournament/bracket generators are similar but not exact.

DESIRED FUNCTION:
    An App capable of randomly selecting one entry from "List A" and pairing it up against a different entry from "List B".

REAL WORLD APPLICATION:
    For any sporting competitions which involve one on one matches, bouts, etc. A wrestler from "group A" vs. another wrestler from "group B". A tennis player from one team vs. another player. In a classroom, it could be used to randomly select from one group of students vs. another. Or boys vs. girls, etc.

ADVANCED CAPABILITY:
    To take it one step further, list entries could involve assigning strength points to each entry, thus increasing probability of selection. ex. Tommy is the strongest Spelling Bee for the boys and Sue is the strongest for the girls. Their chances of getting picked to represent their respective teams is increased.

I apologize if an APP like this already exists... I've searched for weeks and have never found one. I would like to create my own, but I feel in the time it would take for me to learn "Hello Purrr" someone could whip this APP request out in a weekend. Thanks! :D

Advertisement
  2. Manu Le Troll

Manu Le Troll New Member

That's quite an interesting project. I'm new to Android development and this would certainly be a good way to sharpen my skills. I can't promise anything but I'll probably have a go at it. It doesn't seem too complex but goes beyond the useless stuff I've been doing until now.
    By the way, sorry for my poor English, I'm a frog eater !

AGBandit likes this.
  3. AGBandit

AGBandit Member This Topic's Starter

I don't care what you eat as long as it makes you smart enough to know how to do something like this! Even if you can't, I'm sure you would get closer than I could.

Thank you for at least trying though... it would help me immensely in my classroom.