• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[VS740][LG Ally] How-To: Flash Stock LG Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I found this forum. Followed your great instructions and was able to reset my phone back to standard factory software. Locked the phone up by removing the Google Apps that I didn't want nor use. With your help now I know I can reset my phone at anytime and know that whatever I do I can recover from it..... I find it hard to believe that Verizon or Google didn't have the resets available. By the way I was using UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5.apk and rootexplorer.apk to remove the unwanted apps. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium service pack 1 for the recoverery. Again Many Thanks...:D

Upvote 0
ok im like super noob when it comes to this stuff. the instructions are very confusing to me and i do not wanna brick my phone. death2all110 can you please help me like give instructions for dummies. it would be greatly appreciated. Thankx

It may sound confusing, but really the steps are extremely explicit. Do exactly what they say. They make more sense when you're following along than when you're trying to comprehend them all ahead of time.

Upvote 0
sadly those are about the easiest i can explain. you could always pm me and i can help you out when i get time. but im going to bed now. class in the morning.

sorry man. but i will help you tomorrow ASAP

I am going to start. Right when I get home from school today which will be about 1130 and if I have any problems I will pm you. Thank you for your help

Upvote 0
which drivers did you download?
try these
http://goo.gl/z5Ye
if that doesnt work try these
http://goo.gl/ZM9L

No go....plug phone in, it says 'USB connected' and 'USB debugging enabled'. Vista then prompts me to install the device, never finds the drivers. I open up the LG updater, it says 'not connected'.

I can mount SD no problem and the phone charges via USB so I dont think its the port. Even tried using the back main USB port instead of the front ones. Tried going into device manager and cant seem to figure it out.

Upvote 0
Ok unplug anything you have connected via usb, open device manager and remove ALL your usb ports then reboot your pc. on reboot it should find necessary drivers for usb ports THEN plug the phone in.

But im not responsible if this doesnt work, its a last ditch effort...

What's funny is I can manually add the drivers in device manager. After the device driver install fails, device manager shows 3 LG USB Modem with the exclamation signifying the error. I click and go to 'update driver'. Then manually select for modem under LGE the driver for LG USB driver. That installs successfully and the exclamation goes away. But the LG updater is still not recognizing my phone as being connected. I tried installing PDANet from my computer and that also worked successfully and connected. It just does not make any sense.

The only other thing I did was from device manager, after the install mentioned above finishes, I click advanced and try to ping the 'modem'. It tells me that the port could not be opened. I tried turning off my windows firewall and my router firewall to no effect.

Upvote 0
Okay so last night suddenly my lg gt 450 cell phone said that the phone memory was full so the next morning i deleted some programs(games) i downloaded from the market but it still said the same so I decided to reset to factory settings but i accidently close my cell phone while i was sending a text to a friend so i couldn't do the resetting to factory settings... But when i opened it up it opened just like normal but then it stuck at ANDROID logo so i waited for it to load but it pasted like 3 hours then i turned off my phone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones