• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[VS740][LG Ally] How-To: Flash Stock LG Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rooted my lg ally uninstalled the wrong things, now Im trying to get it back to factory settings with google talk. So I have tried with the v6 and it will not recognize my phone. It keeps saying its not connected, but I just got it connected.
I finally got it to recognize my phone and now it puts up this error message at the end of the analysis stage. I don't know what ive done wrong.

17:26:32 : *****CheckPCSyncPrograms Start****
17:26:33 : PCSyncPrograms Not Found
17:26:34 : CLGMobileHttp Class

Upvote 0
I'm Running Windows 7 in XPSP2 compatability and tried it several times.... Phone upgrade men shows a bunch of question marks, and i keep getting errors of various gif files not found such as "C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILAX\image\header.gif was not found." apparently the LGMobile support Tool isnt installing properly.... Any thoughts?

Got it, still couldn't get it to work though. I used ally rr worked perfectly, thanks everyone for your help!

Upvote 0
I'm Running Windows 7 in XPSP2 compatability and tried it several times.... Phone upgrade men shows a bunch of question marks, and i keep getting errors of various gif files not found such as "C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILAX\image\header.gif was not found." apparently the LGMobile support Tool isnt installing properly.... Any thoughts?
got a bad copy of the tool i had that one as well and it should be in english

Upvote 0
Greetings death2all110. Yet another root idiot seeks your counsel. Similar to lacey, having misinterpreted how Titanium Backup works, I deleted a few too many things I shouldn't have.

I am also having the exact same problem when trying to flash to the v6 ROM. I was hoping you had come up with a quick solution you could share.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks

-Mael

Upvote 0
Greetings death2all110. Yet another root idiot seeks your counsel. Similar to lacey, having misinterpreted how Titanium Backup works, I deleted a few too many things I shouldn't have.

I am also having the exact same problem when trying to flash to the v6 ROM. I was hoping you had come up with a quick solution you could share.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks

-Mael

did you enable debugging?

Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging should be checked

Upvote 0
Couldn't have gotten that far if I hadn't. :p

However, after posting I actually looked at the error message which led me to believe there was a permission error somewhere. I opened up the properties for the .cab file and there was a disclaimer saying the file was blocked because it came from another computer. I unblocked it as well as the rest of the files in the LGVS740 directory.

Fired up KP500 again and this time it worked perfectly. Phone is currently grabbing the OTAs and marketplace and gmail work again.

And all of this trouble because I didn't want gtalk to load automatically and telling it not to in its options did nothing. Well, that and I wanted to get rid of Verizon's Backup Assistant. Blech.

Anyway, that's how I solved that particular problem. Hopefully it helps lacey as well if he/she/death2all110 hasn't already figured it out.

Thanks for the great guide, death. I might suggest adding something about this to your OP for Windows 7 users. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones