• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vtext.com only for verizon subscribers??

jason364

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
I keep getting texts from a phone number from vtext.com. However, I'm on the Sprint network so how can someone text me from vtext.com? The verizon Vtext.com website says you can only use vtext to text a verizon subscriber, not other carriers. More odd, when I looked up the phone number these texts were coming from, it's reported as a landline not even on the verizon network.

That wasn't true for me. I could use that site to text/email anyone from my phone number (I haven't bothered with it for at least 5 years. It could be different now. Perhaps nonVZW folks can only use it to talk to us. (I used to have a widget on my homepage for people to be able to text me so that I wouldn't have to give out my number.)

PS: you didn't have to have a wireless line back then, you just put in an email or number to be able to identify yourself by.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones