VZ Navigator

Last Updated: 2010-09-25 08:52:14
  1. mg4android

mg4android Member

I use to be able to use the VZ Navigator on my phone on Verizon but now its telling me that this is a monthly 9.99 pay service.

Has anyone experienced this ?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

You were likely in a trial period. Navigator has been a subscription service for years. $2.99/day or $9.99/month.
  3. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Verizon charges a monthly fee for Navigator. najaboy is correct in that you were in a trial period. When I used Navigator (on a BlackBerry) I found it to be quite good, but there are other solutions for Android that are also very good and are free. I'd look around the Market or AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games before making any final decisions.
  4. I also used to be able to use VZ Nav for free. My old phone was a Voyager. Now I have an Ally and I cannot use Navigator (without the $10 charge). It has always been a charge service, but it was included with my plan. (Just like whatever let me sync my Hotmail, among other things.) Since then I have gotten an Ally, and Verizon has switched their plans. I don't know which of those is the culprit, but it makes me angry. I loved VZ Navigator. My other theory is that Google just wants you to use their stuff, and won't have anything to do with other peoples' things.
  5. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Long before Google was ever on Verizon's network, VZ Naz was a pay service. I had it on my Storm and had to pay $10 month. I love Google Nav anyway so its not a problem for me..