• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VZD Update available in LG Mobile Support tool

So dots, what crap-ware has Verizon loaded it with? What if any features are missing? Can you run programs from a SD card? run flash? wi-fi hotspot? Do you have to re install all of your apps?

I don't I'll take the update until it can be rooted, I run to many apps that depend on root.

Pretty much the same bloat from before, They added 3g mobile hotspot app. And yes you have to subscribe to be able to use the built in tethering. I did a factory reset after installing it and the stock launcher is setup pretty much like our aosp one which makes me wonder how much work lg did or if they just complied the code and set it to verizon's standards and released. :p

Upvote 0
After i did install the update i did a factory reset. So far its performing good and smooth. It feels fast. I do not have any apps that support froyo's apps2sd yet so i cannot test it but id imagine it works.
what I want to know is will the old apps 2 sd work (i know root is needed and therefore its too ealy to tell.)
Also which would be better old or new ap2sd

Upvote 0
what I want to know is will the old apps 2 sd work (i know root is needed and therefore its too ealy to tell.)
Also which would be better old or new ap2sd

Yes you can get old apps2sd ways to work in 2.2 (if the rom dev chooses to include it.)

I say 2.2's apps2sd is better as it does not require an ext partion. Instead it makes an .android_secure folder on the sdcard. The problem with 2.2's apps2sd is that the dev has to choose if an app can get install on sdcard or not. There is a work around to get all apps installed on sdcard though.

Upvote 0
Yes you can get old apps2sd ways to work in 2.2 (if the rom dev chooses to include it.)

I say 2.2's apps2sd is better as it does not require an ext partion. Instead it makes an .android_secure folder on the sdcard. The problem with 2.2's apps2sd is that the dev has to choose if an app can get install on sdcard or not. There is a work around to get all apps installed on sdcard though.

Well sinse i already have the partition thats not a big deal. Is as you said the rom.s dev included it. For note i am using stock vc with a2sd. So not really a custom rom but i would need to be sure the vcbversion worfks or wait for someone smarter than me to update it for vd

Upvote 0
dNRiy.png

For those that are wondering

Reactions: k.c.cole
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones