VZW Employee Discount?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. wooddroid

wooddroid Member This Topic's Starter

I was thinking about switching to Verizon and was looking for a way to save some money on my monthly bill when I stumbled across the "Employee Discount" program that Verizon has with some companies. My current employer has no discount program with Verizon, but my ex-employer does (15%). I still have access to my old corporate e-mail and decided to go to the Verizon discount page and check to see if my e-mail worked. Sure enough I got a reply from Verizon confirming I "may" be eligible for discounts. I proceeded and on the surface it looks like I can sign up for service this way with the discount (15% off service, 25% off accessories). I know that if you go into a Verizon store to use this employee discount you have to verify with an old paystub or ID. Can someone tell me if you sign up via the web like I am thinking about doing does Verizon still ask for other documentation to verify your employment? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

I don't have a corperate email account at work, so i had to scan my badge and email it to them:D I work for the postal service BTW.

3. wooddroid

Yeah, my problem right now is that I have been separated from my old job for 6 months (so no recent pay stubs) and I misplaced my old employee ID awhile back. I was thinking maybe the web method doesn't ask for any more info than the e-mail. :D

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

You should be ok online. But, they say that they "may" verify the information.

5. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

I've never had to use anything other than my work email address for verification (in a store or online).

6. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

I don't know either. I just had my VZN rep do it for me and he didn't require any documentation--although we worked in the same building so that might be why.

7. wooddroid

I had wanted to pre-order the Incredible and get the employee discount on my service, but according to the CSR I contacted the only way I can do that right now is to pre-order the Incredible and then once I activate I can either go into a VZW store with a paystub or ID (both of which I don't have) or fax them a copy of the same info. I would rather not risk not being able to get the discount so I guess will have to wait until after the 29th and hope that VZW gets the Incredible as a phone option on their employee discount webpage soon. Once that happens I will give the web ordering a try and cross my fingers that they don't want me to send in any more info. The worst that will happen is that I won't get a discount on my service, but I will still have an INCREDIBLE phone. :cool:

8. scrubs

scrubs Well-Known Member

I don't recall having to send anything to Verizon to verify my employment, but I did have to use a special link to the Verizon site from my company's intranet when I first joined.

9. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

They told me they don't those verifications in the store anymore. I had to do it online.

10. vandyblackandgold

vandyblackandgold Well-Known Member

seriously!? greedy for handouts much?

you are probably the same type of person, that in about 6 months, you are gonna post a thread whining about how your ex-employer found out you were mooching their contracted discount and want you to pay back the discount that you did not deserve. geez.

11. 00smurf

00smurf Well-Known Member

With the Employee discount web registration, you have to follow a link that is sent to your work email to verify that you are able to use that address. The first part just says it is a valid address to qualify for a discount, but still does require the verification just the same as taking a payroll stub, work id badge into a store and those have to be current as well for the verification.

00smurf

12. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Please keep discussions about how to swindle/cheat/fraud/steal services and discounts from companies off these forums.

Thanks.

spartan141, 3devious and Frisco like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.