VZW Hot Spot EnabledSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if they would have the re-direct on the Hot Spot like they do on all Android phones. On the Droid Incredible you can hack it through the dialer, on the Tab there is no dialer. I guess VZW left it open on the Tab. I cancelled my Mifi and now have the $50.00 5 gb plan on the Tab and use it as my Mobile Hot Spot. I verified that it definitely works.

Advertisement
  2. lsl73

lsl73 New Member

can you please tell us how you did it

3. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just clicked on the Hot Spot and was able to use the signal on my Laptop. If it was locked down it would have redirected me to a sign up page instead of letting me go to the web page I choose. On my Incredible I could hack the setting but the Tab has no dial pad to dial the required ##778 send needed to hack the setting. The T-Mobile Tab I have now also works for free. Free meaning no additional charge for HotSpot over the required data plan of your choice.

4. je2345

je2345 Member

I can confirm that this is official and is not a glitch of any sort. The mobile hotspot app is enabled out the box and all data used through mobile Hotspot takes away from your data package allowance.

5. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

Is there a charge for Mobile hotspots on the tab? does it use my 5 gb monthly allowance or is there another charge on top of the $50 to use this feature?

thanks!

6. je2345

je2345 Member

There is no charge for the mobile hotspot app but all data you consume on the tethered device and tab while the hotspot app is enabled will consume your data package that your subscribed to.

7. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

THANKS so if i got 5gb and i tether other devices to my SGT i have 5gb to use nothing more and it doenst cost anymore then $50/mo as long as i dont go over 5gb.

vzw help told it its $20 /mo for 2gb to use the mobile hotspot feature

8. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

What about trying a phone widget that places a dialer on one of your home screens like Phone Widget?