• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VZW just said 4g and LTE is not ready?

Upvote 0
Wait, I see where the OP is reading this in a certain way. And I could see why this could be related to the Thunderbolt, and VZ being gun shy on setting a release date.

If 4G LTE is ready for us now... why not release the Xoom with the service/hardware pre-installed or at least as an option? Why make your customers bring the gadget in to get a hardware upgrade later on...

Reactions: Tech Addiction
Upvote 0
Wait, I see where the OP is reading this in a certain way. And I could see why this could be related to the Thunderbolt, and VZ being gun shy on setting a release date.

If 4G LTE is ready for us now... why not release the Xoom with the service/hardware pre-installed or at least as an option? Why make your customers bring the gadget in to get a hardware upgrade later on...

That has nothing to do with VZW and is all on Moto... who knows why Moto does half of the things they do. But the plan since the Xoom was announced was always that it wouldn't ship with 4G, in fact there were supposed to be two different versions. The 3g was suppose to be out first then the 4G was going to ship later.

My guess is that Moto didn't have the radios ready for the first launch batch.

Upvote 0
That has nothing to do with VZW and is all on Moto... who knows why Moto does half of the things they do. But the plan since the Xoom was announced was always that it wouldn't ship with 4G, in fact there were supposed to be two different versions. The 3g was suppose to be out first then the 4G was going to ship later.

My guess is that Moto didn't have the radios ready for the first launch batch.

Got it... I haven't really been paying attention to the Xoom release so I was going out on a limb

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones