VZW Leather Case and a gel skin?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does the VZW leather holster have room for say a phone with an Amzer gel case on it? Also, does the inside of the VZW case have anything on the interior that could scratch the Dx?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. georgepink

georgepink Member

That's exactly how I use it (although not an 'Amzer' gel, I just bought a generic skin, but also have the really smooth vz skin-but that just seems too slippery). skin is on it 24/7 and fits in holster perfectly/snug.

3. Chaznsc

Is your skin as thick as say a gel case or is it like super thin? Or are you saying you use both?

4. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

It will fit no problem. I have a two piece hard case that fits in that holster just fine.

5. Chaznsc

Thanks guys for the assistance. Now, back to your posts LOL

6. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Was wondering this myself, thanks for posting!

7. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

Not to rehash a dead thread but I have an addendum to my initial post. While all of the hard cases and silicon cases I have tried fit well into the verizon leather holster, I did come across one that does not fit. I purchased the leather case with kickstand from big red to make my football viewing at work a bit more convenient. The first thing that I noticed was that while it has a good feel and doesn't feel too bulky, it is. When placed into the holster, no amount of shifting or moving it will allow the case to close properly.

8. Chaznsc

Good input from every one. For the record, the TPU case does in fact fit the leather holster. I prefer the phone naked, but am not a fan of having the screen brush against the case upon holstering it. The TPU case gives it a little space between the case and the facing.

9. rek001

rek001 New Member

OK, I have the Verizon silicone skin on my Droid X, just went to VZ store, tried the leather case shown above. Was very difficult to push phone into the case, then it stuck out a bit, wouldn't go any further and I couldn't close the flap. So it doesn't fit.
    Any suggestions please?