1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

VZW Lowers Prepaid Rates

1. Droidwerks

Droidwerks Well-Known Member

Just noticed this today: Verizon's prepaid smartphone plan has dropped in price from $80 a mo. to $70mo., and, they now offer a $60mo. plan that includes 500mb of data. They're still overpriced compared to most other prepaid providers (like PagePlus that uses VZW's towers and only charges $55mo for unlimited smartphones...) but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Yet more proof of why you NEVER sign a cell phone contract--prices keep dropping as providers compete with each other for customers.....

Advertisement
  2. timelord65

timelord65 Well-Known Member

Agreed, almost worth considering. Like you point out though, several other better choices available. Straight talk and page plus are still a better deal.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I wonder if they will ever allow 4G phones on prepaid. 3G is awful in my area, no way i could ever go back to that.
  4. Droidwerks

Droidwerks Well-Known Member

A friend of mine in the business claims that VZW will offer 4G to prepaid customers within 6mos or so.....but only time will tell.