VZW N1 on Sprint?

Last Updated:

1. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since google is going to be selling the sprint N1 as well and the bands are the same, would the VZW N1 work on sprint right now?

Advertisement
  2. bpcooper14

bpcooper14 Active Member

I don't know. It would have to depend on the 2 companies. My understanding is that each carrier has their own set of esn numbers and if there isn't a corresponding number in their system, the phone won't be allowed on their network. I could be wrong, but I think google is going to have to seel one's branded for each company (which them may lead each company to subsidize the phone unlike the n1 being offered 'compatible' with att)

3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

they may have an unlocked CDMA now that will work on either since both verizon and sprint have supported it , but i only ssee that possible if the companies dont force bloatware on their models

4. swaze

swaze Well-Known Member

Nope wont work because while they are CDMA, the hardware is different that allows each networks phone to work on that particular network. Which is why the whole unlocked thing turned out not to be a hit. Because there are truly no unlocked phones that you can just take to another network and use. The VZW phone will work on verizon and not sprint and vice versa.

5. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

no they don't work because numbers are in the system that lock the device to that carrier, but google is 3rd party so if they are able to get their phones on the system, they may be able to do the same on the other carriers system for the same device later on, it is POSSIBLE for this to happen, just not currently because all phones are branded for a carrier, the N1 changes things in everyway especially for CDMA networks so we'll see