VZW Ordered me a replacement phone...General

Last Updated:

1. Atty

Atty Active Member This Topic's Starter

Monday afternoon I went into my VZW store for help and they said hey were getting a bootloader error on my phone. They promptly ordered me another one.

Just got a call from my house mates and apparently my new phone arrived today.

Is that possible? What should i expect, refurbished or new phone? And more importantly, amoled or lcd?

Advertisement
  2. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

Possible yes, probably refurb, and amoled no doubt.

3. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

amoled, refurb.

No way to know for sure, of course.

4. maddoxrs

maddoxrs Member

I have just ordered my replacement and I was told they don't have any refurbished phones only new phone

5. heffe2001

heffe2001 Well-Known Member

If it was ordered as a FRU (Field Replacement Unit), they certain DO have refurbed units, I just got one yesterday. Unit works great though.

If you get your tracking info, see if it's being shipped from Fort Worth, TX. If it is, it's most likely one of their refurbed units (assuming they still have them in stock).

6. dannyboy402

dannyboy402 Member

How can we tell if its amoled or just led?

7. xmonkey

xmonkey Well-Known Member

?

All Incredible screens are still AMOLED.

8. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

im getting my 3rd replacement phone. All have been amoled, all have been refurb's or atleast in refurb boxes..

1st one / brand new / random rebooting.
    2nd one / refurb / random rebooting
    3rd one / refurb / speaker crackling
    4th one / coming tomm / fingers crossed.

9. Ryobi

Ryobi Banned

Unless you are within your 30 day window, you're gonna get a refurbished unit. Or certified like new device as VZW likes to call it.

10. PearlRose

PearlRose Well-Known Member

Sadly, at times, the FRU devices function better than the brand new. Seems its because they go through more tests than the new ones which are just boxed from a production line.

I'm hoping my 30day replacement isn't possessed like my current though. I hate waiting in line to usually get a sales/support person that says "I can't wait that long to see if there is a problem because there are others waiting"

11. Ryobi

Ryobi Banned

My 3rd replacement Inc is by far the best one and its a like new certified device. No screen tint, no reboots. That's what I call better.

12. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

its amazing how many phones people go through

13. Mischka7

Mischka7 Well-Known Member

Kinda moot, but a VZW sales rep at the store assured me my replacement was going to be a brand new phone. Guess what: it ain't.

Certified like-new replacement. Everything seems to be OK except that the silver camera housing is scratched pretty badly. But if that's the only issue on this phone, I can live with it.

14. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

It's so unfair that companies can replace new, defective products with refurbished items! You don't pay the same price for refurbished products that you do for new products for a reason!

15. heffe2001

heffe2001 Well-Known Member

Same deal with mine, except mine doesn't have a single, solitary scratch or blemish. So far it works fine, but if I have any more issues, I'm going to see if I can get moved over to an X, they just got rooted, and there's way more 3rd party support for things like docks...

16. Mischka7

Mischka7 Well-Known Member

That's true if your phone is immaculate, but mine had some scratches on the screen so I'm ok with the refurb (which has no scratches on the screen).

Incidentally, I just noticed a creaking when I tap the left middle portion of the screen. I'm not sure if it's the case or not (will take it off to try), but it's consistent and annoying.

17. paynomind

paynomind Active Member

I have a cracked screen and have just been living with it, since i was unsure if replacements through insurance were available.

Good to hear it is working fine.