[VZW]Possible Jellybean Leak Coming SoonGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Advertisement
    mmolitor87 and dguy like this.
  2. mpsmit3

mpsmit3 Member

This article refers to a tester who got 4.0.4 on 7/6/12. Does anybody remember when VZW pushed the release to the common folk?
  3. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

4. matt999000

matt999000 Well-Known Member

Hey I downloaded the image from Google's server. Can someone please tell me how to update after I downloaded. Ty
  5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I believe you have to be on build 76q, and make sure you are stock everything, including recovery. Then use fast boot to boot, not flash, into cwm and flash the zip file.
    matt999000 likes this.
  6. matt999000

matt999000 Well-Known Member

ty, oh well looks like i'll wait it out.
  7. Roaddog

Roaddog Well-Known Member

I'm on Verizon and on 76K. Is there an update that I missed out on to get to 76Q? IIRC 76Q only strips out unified search, but from what I've read this build won't work unless it's installed on top of it instead of 76K. How would I go about doing that and maintaining root and stock functionality?

Lastly, I've seen it written a few places that this is actually not the final build but a test build. How do we know that? Does that mean when the "final" build comes out I'll have to revert to 76K/Q again and then reflash the new(er) update?

Thanks in advance for help and guidance.
  8. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

I think I'll wait it out. My phone works well so can't complain. If was desperate for jellybean, I would have rooted.
  9. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

mmolitor87 and trophynuts like this.
  10. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm already on AOKP, don't really do carrier updates. The radios seem to hold LTE better though. At work if I turn on LTE it'd constantly flip from 4G to 3G, but now I've had continuous 4G.
    I turned it off though. Eats up battery
  11. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Agreed. It'll hold LTE in places I rarely got it before. And I like the word "hold" because I'm finding I need to be in a legit 4G spot before traveling into a bad spot in order for it to work. My basement is a premier example of this. I rarely if ever get 4G down there but since the new radios, when I go upstairs, reaquire 4G then go downstairs it'll hold it UNTIL I toggle on wifi then toggle it back off. Then it returns to a weak 3G signal.

So I'm thinking the primary advantage of these radios is a longer lasting 4G connection when in fringe areas where we experienced a lot of 3G <> 4G handoffs in the past.
  12. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Installed it and have been messing with it for about an hour. It is working perfectly so far and I'm quite impressed so far.(First time with jellybean)
  13. jpetersen5

jpetersen5 Well-Known Member

I love this new JB. Came from AOKP which I also liked, but these radios are great. LTE has been connected the whole time, which is great!

With all that said, I have lost root by installing this and just tried to reroot using the Root Toolbox and it doesn't seem to be working still. Does anyone have this new JB leak installed with root still?
  14. SMALBA

SMALBA Well-Known Member

So if we have the sprint nexus are we basically screwed?
  15. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

So how long before VZW pushes this one?
  16. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned flashing superuser or superSU on there.
  17. Ravenwjf

Ravenwjf Well-Known Member

I just did the install on this....of course I had to go to IMM76Q, and I lost root. I had to download Wug's 1.53 toolkit and reroot my Nexus. I then re-installed Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and saved my root. I flashed the new VZW leaked JB build, and it stripped my root, but this time I reapplied my Root from Voodoo, and now I am on JB with Root!!! It's awesome. I love how the build is from July 16th. Are you kidding me????? Almost 2 months for Verizon to get JB out to us, and its still the original build from July 16th???? I am curious to see what the official build number will when its finally "officially" released....probably still be JRO03O. Anyway, I am happy to have JB, I was going to flash Bugless Beast this weekend so this came at a good time.

P.S. After playing with this for the last 2 hours, its very stable and quick and I love it!!! I like project butter. Not sure about the LTE radios yet because I am currently away from home and the area I am in does not have 4G.
  18. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

well not sure i would say that but do NOT use a build on your phone unless it is specifically stated to be for your Carrier branded one.
    iowabowtech likes this.
  19. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Well, all of us on CDMA carriers are screwed - the question is how long we get screwed for.

Looks like VZW customers will stop getting screwed sooner than us Sprint customers. But I am fairly certain that sprint will push JB out to us as well. When? No clue. Hopefully/likely before the next OS release is pushed out.
  20. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to be the case with the VZW GN now. It's on AOSP. Looks like Google is going to host official builds before they clear Verizon testing for anyone who wants them but doesn't want to wait on Verizon.

On topic of the software itself: Been using it for a whole day so far, everything is super smooth and snappy. I haven't encountered a single issue everything works.
  21. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :) I finally have a good enough reason to unlock the bootloader and I'm now rocking jelly bean! I love android!
  22. maineultraclas

maineultraclas Active Member

Do you mean 6/6/12?

I believe I got 4.0.4 at the end of June OTA.

Steve
  23. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I believe 4.0.4 was pushing May31