VZW to open stores at 6am on Nov 6!

Last Updated:

1. zachd

zachd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

**Looks like I'll be waking up sooner than I had intended on Friday!

[source: Mobile Whack] Verizon Wireless Stores to be Opened at 6AM on November 6 - Specs, reviews and prices.

Verizon Wireless Stores to be Opened at 6AM on November 6

November 6 is the day when the Droid will be available in Verizon Stores. In case you want to avoid hassles and lines, you can always pre-order the Droid from Best Buy. But if you

Advertisement
  2. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

3. zachd

4. mattparmely

mattparmely Well-Known Member

I was told "about 7 am" today when I went into my Verizon (Union City, CA)

5. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Well-Known Member

The story was already listed in the first thread. He's just linking to the story on our site here as an alternate source. :D

6. BigRedNole

BigRedNole Well-Known Member

Check to be sur eif your nearest VZW is a Verizon owned store or Authorized Reseller/Retailer. I went to my 3 closest stores yesterday. All 3 are Resellers/Retailers. They all said the exact same thing: they will not have the Droid on Nov 6th and they do not know when they will get them in. They pointed specifically at the Storm 2 and their earliest shipments are due just before Thanksgiving.

7. zachd

I never go into those authorized reseller's, I never trust their info for some reason. Plus, the actual Verizon store is 5 miles down the road from me (and is the store i spoke with)

8. gthrift

gthrift Guest

Neither do I, I got burned once years ago with a SunCom reseller that locked me into a contract beyond SunCom's. Never again will I step foot in a reseller since they can throw extra requirements and stipulation in the contracts.

9. darrinaltman

darrinaltman Well-Known Member

I think Verizon stores always open at 7am on Fridays.

10. darrinaltman

darrinaltman Well-Known Member

My local (Corona CA) store said they will open regular time on Friday which is 7am. Still early. They say they expect a line.

11. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member

What do people thing the situation will be like on the 6th? I guess what I really mean is, should there be concern that the phone will be selling out at certain stores?

I am debating going to Best Buy to pre-order tomorrow.

12. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

I'm a bit concerned myself. I have class Friday morning so I'm not going to be able to get to the store before Friday afternoon, if at all Friday. Any word on whether Verizon think it'll have enough stock? Think stock will last to Saturday? :confused:

13. mattparmely

mattparmely Well-Known Member

depends where you live, & if your lucky or not. Most likely not man. I suggest going to Best Buy & seeing if you can still pre-order. Way less people know about that vs the november 6th date. Im not going to best buy because i like the camping idea & its fin for me and my friends. Plus, I need to change my contract up so im going to my local verizon store. Still wouldn't count on them having enough. Try BB. the iphone not to mention may other phones sell out same day. Friday is pay day too....

14. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

:( boo

I have to go home (at school) to get the phone b/c I also need to change around my plan and therefore need my dad with me (I'm currently on our family plan). Also, he gets a discount on phones, which I don't know if BB will honor.

Mikestony likes this.
  15. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I've asked my local store repeatedly (talked to at least four different reps) and all have said 7AM on the 6th...so I'd call your local store to be sure before you go down to it at 6AM - could be a long wait. :)

16. cybercruiser

cybercruiser Well-Known Member

Called my friendly neighborhood VZ store, they are only opening 1 hour early, at 8:00am instead of 9:00am.

Well, up side, is get to sleep in a little longer, cause, oh yes, I'd be there at 6:00am if that is when they open Friday.

Just got vacation day approved by the boss... So, have all day to get it, and play with it...

17. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member

I called my corporate store and they told me they were opening at 8AM. I'll probably call back on Thursday just to make sure that time hasn't changed.

18. zachd

I called my store this morning, and he confirmed with me 7am. They received 20 units, and he was unsure as to whether or not another shipment would be coming in. He said I can come down today and pick up the docking stations though =)

19. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

mine said 7am also..he said the decision to change it to 7 was made this past weekend.

20. unfrostedpoptart

unfrostedpoptart Member

The guy at the Irvine Spectrum (OC, CA) store told me 6am.
    Unfortunately, my Centro isn't up for upgrade until February :(

21. BigRedNole

BigRedNole Well-Known Member

My VZW store is very concerned. They have hundreds of inquiries that will have an automated text go out on Thursday for when they open on Friday morning. Most likely it will be 7AM. They are going to have FAR fewer phones than demand. He said they are going to manage it civilly. They will notify the people at the door what number they are and where the sales end. One phone per person. They are not going to allow one person to buy multiple phones on day one.

22. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

The Verizon kiosk in our mall is opening at 8 a.m. I'm pretty sure that they will be a lot less hectic than the store.

23. cybercruiser

cybercruiser Well-Known Member

Only our local "real" stores, don't know what you want to call them will have the Droid Friday, -vs- the authorized retailers, but aren't a full fledged Verizon store will not have the Droid until mid-month sometime...

24. jpetersen5

jpetersen5 Well-Known Member

I called my store in downtown Chicago and was told that they would be opening at 6:30...the girl seemed unsure at first though, so may check back later in the week.