Vzwaws???Support

1. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

Anyone else on Verizon start getting pop-up on restart saying "VZWAWSservice has stopped"? Had my G3 since late July & just started seeing the pop-up.

Advertisement
  2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Saw it yesterday for the first time.
  3. steveo42

steveo42 Well-Known Member

I got it about 2 hours ago when the phone was updating apps from the PlayStore. Was wondering if anyone knows what it is?
  4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Just a hunch, but aws is band 4 lte and that's Verizon's second frequency they use for lte. I'm guessing the phone has some crutch to either establish the connection or block the connection to that frequency.
    steveo42 likes this.
  5. RadioZero

RadioZero Active Member

happens to mine every time i do a re-boot or power off/on.
  6. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Well-Known Member

Haven't experienced that yet. But I have mobile data turned off. Have to turn it on today and see if I get it as well.
  7. dlphnfn

dlphnfn Well-Known Member

Mine gives that error every time I reboot too. It's VZWAVSService. No idea what it means.

[​IMG]
  8. cuellarm

cuellarm Active Member

It just happened to me too, for the first time today, after a reboot.
  9. markfm

markfm Well-Known Member

I wonder if it is a vzw Address Verification Service (AVS) service, something related to electronic purchases. A quick check shows other platforms, like Samsungs, have been seeing similar problems lately.

At least one recent post mentioned there might be an incompatibility between it and one of the various Google apps.
  10. StealthDriver

StealthDriver Member

I froze it and haven't noticed anything detrimental
  11. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Well-Known Member

getting the same message once in a while...
  12. applecarly

applecarly Member

I noticed it when Google + was updated. I just disabled VZWAVSService in application manager and the error went away.
  13. kaykaylove

kaykaylove New Member

This issue is due to a recent software update on samsung and various other android devices. the easiest way i have been able to fix this is by going into
    settings/apps (or applications)/all
    find the vzwavsservice in there and turn it off. So far that has fixed it for my customer, im sure there will be another update pushed out to fix this issue soon.
    MCL777 and KOLIO like this.
  14. 91Firebirder

91Firebirder Well-Known Member

I've gotten it several times, always just click ok and haven't noticed any negative effects.