W/out sense..what do I lose??

Last Updated:

1. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Considering CM6...What exactly will I lose from Sense? Do I still get the notification bar message previews...emails/text? Can I still use Launcher Pro and have the sense type clocks?

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

You will still get everything you mentioned above,i don't know about the clock since I have never used it when running CM,on the other hand you will gain a whole new phone.There is no comparison for CM out there,this ROM performs in every single department.

3. douknownam

douknownam Active Member

IMO, you lose the best agenda widget out there (well, that I have seen)... This is the main reason why I stick to Sense roms. I've tried several agenda widgets and none of them are as nice.

4. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

1. You will lose the look of sense email (conversation, favorites, unread, attachment will be gone). If you are using imap you will need to set it up manually since it will automatically pick up pop3.

2. People turns to Contacts. FB picture doesn't update in contacts like it did with People (atleast I couldn't figure it out when I was using CM6). This will also be the case with Launcher Pro People widget pictures.

3. You lose sense dialer and you get AOSP dialer.

4. You lose drag down to unlock and get vanilla slide to unlock.

5. SMS you lose the quick attach button for picture, video, etc.

That's all I can think of for now.

With Launcher Pro with Plus you can get back Sense like Facebook widget, People, Bookmark, Calendar, Messaging. To get back Sense like clock and weather you can install Beautiful Widget, Fancy widget, or Weather & Toggle widget.

5. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

4G is not working in CM6 so keep that in mind if you are in a 4G area. I have 4G and that is about the only thing keeping me from trying CM6 right now. That and the visual voicemail issues I have been hearing about.

6. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

Except for the 4G department, HDMI out department, and the FM radio department.

7. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

you lose sense

8. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

jxr94 likes this.
  9. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Android Agenda widget is pretty friggin sweet IMO. Give that a go. Bliq's not bad either, kind of weird though.