wacky trackballGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

saw a thread about a "possessed trackball"... cant find it but found some others. i tried some of those suggestions, but still have problems with it just having a mind of its own....sooooo frustrating .:confused:
    it just takes off going .......(2.1 v2 ) ive only had the eris for 2 months now and my trackball is not that dirty but i tried cleaning it ofcorse. i wonder wtf is going on

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

(nominating for best thread title)

.. carry on with alcohol wipes on trackball..

dirtmouth likes this.
  3. dirtmouth

ur Da Bomb Fris! Will Do. then hopefully, just maybe one day i will find the right wipe to wipe it with! then all will be good.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Just these little guys:

[​IMG]

..or some such like those, with no additives such as aloe or whatever.. plain alcohol because it evaporates cleanly and quickly. Work it over.

5. dirtmouth

the BS, wtf am i the only one with this effin nightmare........ffs.....grrrrrrrrrr.
    please tell me its gonna be ok when the OTA comes out i wanna drown this phone but dont wanna pay 90 bucks atm.... its gettin there though.

6. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

ive never had this problem. i RARELY use the trackball though. usually only when traveling long distance on pokemon xD

7. dirtmouth

thats the thing.... i dont use it . it does what it wants when it wants all damn day.... cant surf lol thats a chore . text... GL OMFG MAN IM GONNA DIE

8. Filipino.Cowboy

Filipino.Cowboy Well-Known Member

I had this problem, right before my trackball and microphone completely went out. Not saying yours will, but just letting you know that your not alone :)

9. buff12db

buff12db Well-Known Member

I've had this problem too and have posted about it in several places now. I'm also on 2.1v.2 and didn't have the problem until updating. My trackball randomly scrolls to the left (sometimes very quickly and sometimes very slowly). I've tried every fix that has been suggested - cleaning with alcohol etc.

I was reading yesterday about how screen protectors aren't necessary for the Eris, and mine was dirty so I took it off. Magically my trackball seems to be working properly again, even when plugged in which is when it seems the worst. Maybe it's coincidence, but if you've got a screen cover on your phone, try taking it off to see if the problem is fixed.

10. dirtmouth

Uninstalled LookOut and now all is good. ya mine was going left too . all damn day. not sure how a dirty screen protector would cause that as this phone wont work with a stylus.

11. dirtmouth

never mind said demon trackball has returned...... no screen protector and a white track ball.... wtf

12. mikem3223

mikem3223 Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem. It's at it's worst when plugged into via usb.

Cleaned and everything.