• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wacom feel stylus

tecknoes

Dec 19, 2013
I have just bought a Wacom Feel Stylus for my Note3 and Note10

I find the response of the Wacom stylus very poor it seems to need a lot more pressure than the S pen, also when using the Swype keyboard, which I use all the time, it puts an extra letter in front of the word occasionally (d don't, p pressure, l leave etc) when inputting numbers from the keypad it is "hit and miss"
Had anyone else had a similar experience with the Wacom stylus? Or do I need to alter something in the settings, I tried the pressure "gloves on" setting, turning it on and off to no avail
At the moment with its excessive cost and poor performance I feel like sending it back to Amazon for a refund.

Which model do you have?

I have to ask because Wacom made 3 different versions of the Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel. There is a difference between the specific Note version and the regular version (meant for Windows tablets).

The regular version is available in a plastic or carbon fibre body.

The Note version only has a plastic body.

The one that should work with the Note series is the CS300UK2.

Upvote 0
I have the one for the note, I've just bought a Note10 to use along side my Note3. The problem is with the Note3, when using the Wacom on the Note10 it reacts perfectly, no errors when using Swype keyboard, it just seems to need a little more pressure than the S pen. So it seems the Wacom doesn't like the Note3

Upvote 0
Interesting, do you experience/see any offset with the cursor on the Note 3? Could be possible it's not calibrated properly with the Note 3. Which is why I hate Samsung for not allowing users a way to calibrate the pen.

I don't own the Bamboo Feel. But I did follow it's development for a bit since the original Note. Interesting thing is the older model Bamboo Feel was listed as being compatible with the original Note and original Note 10.1. However it was incompatible with later Note models.

Incompatible as in it will give calibration issues and probably result in what you are experiencing.

Only other thing I can think of is to see if the OEM S Pen also behaves the same in Swype.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones