wait for 2.2, unbranded 2.2, 2.3, cyan, etc. WHICH ONE?

Last Updated: 2010-12-21 06:59:30
  1. Charwinger21

Charwinger21 New Member

sorry about the wall of text. the two most important paragraphs are the next one and the last one.

simply put, I have a legend from virgin mobile (bell) currently running the stock version, and I am trying to decide what to do, wait for bell's update (questionable about whether it will happen at all), switch to the unbranded version, upgrade to vanilla 2.3, upgrade to cyanogen, or upgrade to one of the many other options.

I have a decent amount of experience with computers (I currently dual boot 7 and backtrack on my laptop), but I'm new to android. I have no idea how to root the phone (all though I could probably learn).

I currently use the SlideIT keyboard, so I wouldn't mind losing the HTC keyboard (I only use it when too drunk to slide), however I rely heavily on the clock/weather widget and the calender (although I believe I could easily adjust to something a bit different, such as the standard google calender or an alternate clock/weather widget).

I'm mainly just trying to decide between upgrading to the unbranded sense 2.2, or the vanilla 2.3, and I'm wondering what the benefits/disadvantages are of both (can't find a comparison, complete or incomplete, anywhere on the internet)

Advertisement
  2. adi19956

adi19956 Well-Known Member

if I were you, I'd root, get Swype keyboard get Beautiful Widgets Beautiful Widgets - Android app on AppBrain and get Cyanogen Mod 6 or Azure for Legend or, if you're feeling rebelish, this baby 16/Nov r4 - MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM for the HTC Legend with Online Kitchen - Android @ MoDaCo
    Head to TheUnlockr.com - Cell Phone How To's, Phone Reviews, and Wireless News! for the best HTC Legend guides all with videos and decent amounts of texts and CMD commands to engorge yourself on. Don't forget it voids your warranty and I didn't tell you to
  3. phatpt

phatpt New Member

I've update 2.2 for my Legend by OTA
    This is so great!