Wait till after CES or get Droid now?

Last Updated:

1. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just wondering what you guys think that own droids, i really want to just get the droid and be done with deciding on phones. i was going to wait until after CES but i haven't heard anything good coming out of it except that Opus One phone which isn't 'high-end' like the droid. you guys think i should just make the move now and get the droid and end this constant debate in my head? or should i wait till after CES? ;\ i leave for college on the 13th so i need to have a good phone, im just nervous that i won't make the right decision here.

thanks for any input.
    -jen

Advertisement
  2. bugeyeblue

bugeyeblue Well-Known Member

3. kraze0g

those were in reference to the eris, which i returned. im trying to decide if i should wait till after CES or if i should get the droid, my clock is ticking before i leave for college and i dont have much time unfortunately :( thanks for the help btw

jen

4. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

go ahead and get it. There will always be a newer device, better, faster, etc. This is one of the best, it is a good deal and in 2 years you can drop it for something else knowing it has served you well.

5. DroidDukie

DroidDukie Member

I'm in a similar situation kraze0g. I've been debating on whether to go ahead and take the plunge for the Droid now or wait a week or so and see what CES promises. It seems the closer it gets to CES the less promising it is for a better phone than the Droid to be available early... IMO. I think I would be happy with the Droid, but I think I can wait another week or so to see what comes to the surface...just to be sure. ;)

6. kraze0g

yeah, i just dont want to see something i may like better being released very soon and kick myself after i see it at CES. im also concerned about these threads about the droids call quality :( i need to make sure this phone works as a phone.

i think in 5-6 days ill be able to make my final decision then. even though i want the droid!

7. bugeyeblue

I've replied to your other posts. Your're welcome.

8. bugeyeblue

You could also do what I do and buy your phones on craigslist. Sell it for a small profit it you're not happy with it. I've done it with countless phones. Just call verizon to check the esn and make sure to activate it before paying the person.

9. tpriddy

tpriddy Well-Known Member

CES is so close and OLED displays rumored from Motorola sound nice. I'd wait.

10. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

wait how long?? i am ITCHING for a droid and my storm is ready to go away!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. andy44512

andy44512 Active Member

after having my eris for 3 weeks i made the swtich to the droid and can`t believe how much more i like this over the eris. i tried my brothers droid to see if i wanted to change it and i can say that i`m more than pleased with the choice.

12. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

shush! youre making my decision or lack thereof harder! :)

13. andy44512

andy44512 Active Member

i love this phone..... do it don`t be scared !!! lol :)

14. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

im not scared, just was wondering if one is coming without the keyboard..... i think i would enjoy that better?!? im soooooooooo excited actually. keyboard or no. i troll these board EVERY freakin day!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

im really a 1 handed phone type a guy cause of disability so i was interested in Eris, but i have read soooooooooo so many who have switched or wished they got otherwise. i just want the news that Verizon is going to break in a couple of days nowwwwwwwwwwwwww

16. andy44512

andy44512 Active Member

i could be wrong on the name but i think it`s called the moto devour. smaller droid from what i`d seen. google it.

17. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

i thought i read that it was same thing as the moto droid but without a key pad. if thats the case, smaller and keyboard (i saw it already) i will get a droid ASAP.....

18. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

I HATE physical keyboards, which is why I went with the Eris for 3 weeks and 5 days before the lagginess and freezups made me dump it for the Droid.

I never use the physical keyboard, and I honestly just forget it's there. I use the virtual keyboard 100% of the time.

I LOVE the Droid. It is much faster and much more powerful than the Eris. It's the best phone I've had.

19. shark1987

shark1987 Member

if you're going to stick with Verizon then I would just get the droid, i don't think there is going to be any new verizon phones that will be better anytime soon (i.e. atleast a few months)

20. tpriddy

tpriddy Well-Known Member