Wait till saturday?General

Last Updated:

1. MisterG694

MisterG694 Active Member This Topic's Starter

My billing statement comes on the 1st of every month, as do most. If I purchase this phone on the 29th, will I have to pay $30 for those 2 days of April? Despite the dreaded pain my impatience will cause, waiting two days seems worth $30. but my hope is this won't be an issue and I can buy tomorrow. Anyone know how this works?

Advertisement
  2. thess1

thess1 Active Member

I was wondering the same thing too... If I have to pay 30 dollars for 2 days of service Ill be waiting for May 1st

3. sxshep

sxshep Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I'm waiting til Saturday as well... until you brought this up, I didn't even think about how the billing will work.

I'm still on my family's plan, and Saturday am getting my own plan and first smartphone (the Incredible)... only reason I'm waiting until Saturday is a) I may be dodging the initial "rush" of people coming and getting the phone, and b) a guy I know works at Verizon on Saturday, and I feel more comfortable getting things set up with him rather than the average conman store rep who may screw me over on my new plan.

4. soco352

soco352 Active Member

don't quote me on this but I would think that they would pro-rate it for the 2 days...call vzw and see what they tell you...

MisterG694 likes this.
  5. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq Well-Known Member

That's exactly what they would do. I talked to my brother who works at a verizon wireless authorized retailer (so not directly for verizon per say) and he confirmed that they will pro-rate it for those days

MisterG694 likes this.
  6. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Yup.

MisterG694 likes this.
  7. MrGoodCat

MrGoodCat Well-Known Member

100% guarantee its pro rated! they may be greedy, but not that greedy. you'll only pay for the two days, not the full month

MisterG694 likes this.
  8. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Everyone already answered it, but just as additional confirmation, yes it gets prorated. No worries. Go ahead and order it

MisterG694 likes this.
  9. MisterG694

MisterG694 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick responses guys/gals! Can't wait to get my Incredible tomorrow :)