Waiting 2-3 days to Activate?

Last Updated:

1. Elric

Elric New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my new Droid from Verizon and I'm totally bummed, the instruction sheet on activation says that if I'm transferring an existing number (I'm coming from a different carrier (AT&T)), I have to wait two to three days for my old phone's service to stop before activating.

Oh man, this is painful, are they serious? The anticipation is killing me. I desperately want to activate it anyway but am scared it'll hose the transfer of my old number. Anyone know if waiting for the old phone to die is really a requirement?

Advertisement
  2. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

if you call Verizon's activation transfer people, they can help - they did mine while I was on the phone with them.

3. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member

I've transferred numbers before, not with Verizon, and everything was done on the day. No waiting or anything. As far as I knew, I thought you were supposed to go ahead and do a transfer without actually cancelling the other service, which would result in losing the number. Doing a transfer signifies to the company what is happening and gets taken care of, but it could be different now. You can always call up Verizon and get clarification. I wouldn't want to wait either.

4. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

I just picked up a new Moto Droid from Best Buy and they ported my number from Sprint in 5 minutes.

Took longer to lookup the BlackTie protection than it did to setup the phone.

-Mike

5. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

when I got my droid last week. they had it activated and setup with all my google info in under 2 minutes.

of course Im already on verizon.

6. CBLJazz

CBLJazz Well-Known Member

Definitely not a wait.
    if possible go to a store and get it activated.

7. sch911

sch911 Well-Known Member

No way! My transfer from AT&T took 43 seconds...