waiting for capacitive screens

Last Updated:

1. tripwire's_hero

tripwire's_hero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Been doing a lot of reading on the current (1st) wave of android tablets and it seems like almost none of them offers a capacitive touch screen. (hell, most "specs" pages on these chinese e-commerce sites are all cut and paste jobs from some profile that seldom lists the correct processor, let alone what kind of screen it has)

Resistive touch displays are a pain in the arse. I'll wait till capacitive screens are more common, despite my gnawing urge to have a tablet.

Advertisement
  2. 8Ball

8Ball Well-Known Member

3. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

Getting a resistive screen tablet would be a waste of money. From all the news coming out lately, I think we have a few really nice looking tablets with capacitive screens on the way in the very near future. A lot of them should be pretty decently priced too.

4. jediknight36

jediknight36 Well-Known Member

That sounds about right. i test drove the aPad iRobot from a guy on CL today and although I was impressed from other Chinese knock off screens, I wasnt ready to part with $200 for it. The processor was too slow and the screen, though I have seen worse, was not up to my speed at typing or scrolling.

We have the HTC Google Chrome tablet too I have seen. That is slated for a November release. Any others that are sooner?

5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Samsung and Toshiba are supposedly releasing tablets this fall. HP, Asus, Cisco, and others will be releasing tablets into early next year. Hopefully by Xmas time there should be a number of Android tablets available for purchase...