Waiting for Mobile World Congress, HTC Bravo News/discussion

Last Updated:

1. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK guys. Here is the new thread. Let's try to keep it nice and orderly. Let's just wait for WMC and meanwhile, we can discuss the phone and have some fun talking over theories and possibilities and excitement for the new phone. Fair?

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

can it come to sprint please LMAO! since verizon is getting N1 and this is basicallly a duplicate with possible fm radio, wouldn't it make sense to go to sprint?

3. Nashdroid

4. Covert_Death

yea i'm just so into this android thing i don't think i can wait till possibly Q4 lmao, i just want ONE droid announced at either of these next two events for sprint, doesn't have to be the bravo but something along those lines would make me cry in tears of joy for holding out this long and not doing anything lol

5. Jbrown93

Jbrown93 Active Member

Since both verizon and sprint are cdma, do you think it's a possibility that verizon could get it's own variant of the supersonic?

6. Covert_Death

im going to have to go with no on that, since the whole point (to my belief) of the SS is to be the first US 4g PHONE, verizon is going the LTE route so they won't ahve 4g for a while and it'll be different bands, maybe a similar spec'd phone though is possible

7. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Probably not. We still live in the day and age of devices exclusive to carriers in the US. See the Sprint Hero and Droid Eris. Lots of common hardware, but not the same phone. Verizon is getting the Nexus One and something called the Incredible (though we have pretty much no details on the latter). Don't expect them to get the Supersonic on top of that.

8. Nashdroid

Actually, both Sprint and Verizon will have 4G networks around the same time. Sprint is rolling their's out first, and then Verizon soon thereafter. LTE is the 4G (Fourth Generation) format that Verizon will be using and WiMAX is the 4G format that Sprint will be using. So, both are 4G networks.

LTE: 3GPP Long Term Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WiMAX: WiMAX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit: By the way, I can see the confusion. I, for a long time, thought that "3G" and "4G" meant a certain speed. Well, it KINDA does, but what the "G" really means is "generation." So, there was 1G (First Generation) 2G (Second Generation) which would be Digital Coverage, such as EDGE on AT&T, then there was 3G (which was the first time that they started calling it "such and such number with a 'G' on the end.) So, basically 3G and 4G is just an easier and more standard way of saying "this is the next generation of wireless data speed on our network." So, when a new technology comes out from now on that makes it possible to have faster wireless data speeds (4G) they will just keep counting higher and higher probably, 5G, 6G, etc.

If I'm wrong on any of that, which I could possibly be, someone feel free to correct me. I'm not a pro on this stuff, but that's the way I understand it.

9. Covert_Death

this is true, but they are not compatible, its the same difference GSM and CDMA have now, no sprint phone will work on ATT unless its a world phone w/ two radios in it. sprint already has 4g in many location and are still groing, not really up to speed on verizon but i know they still don't have it out. so i guess in all reality the SS could come to verizon at a LATER date with different radios in it, but the SS as we know it will not work on verizon's network. it would have to be the equivilant of the palm pre thing. SS comes to sprint, then once verizon is ready with it's 4g network the SS+ will have their radio and then be released much later... all in theory of course.

10. Nashdroid

Oh, I see what you were trying to say. Yes, you're right. I just misinterpreted your post. My bad. +1

11. foush

foush Active Member

Any thoughts to the possibility that a new HTC phone might get announced during the Superbowl? Remember how the Droid was introduced? Strange ad that just had some reference to a phone. You weren't really sure what it was. It just said "November" and it was during the World Series. I could see a similar HTC ad during the SuperBowl with "March".

YouTube - Verizon Wireless Motorola Droid (iDon't) Commercial

12. Nashdroid

Man, I've actually thought about this and it could be very possible. It'd be nice to know if and how much ad space Verizon bought for the Super Bowl. But yeah, this would be a GREAT way to introduce a new phone. Probably the best way, actually.

13. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

^ I highly doubt that.

14. foush

foush Active Member

Why did we get moved???

15. grokr989

grokr989 Well-Known Member