Waiting for some action!General

1. dekebro

dekebro Member

Went online to order my Optik from Sprint. It arrived this past Monday. I'm still in the process of instaling apps and getting used to it. So far, I'm impressed and have no major complaints.

Advertisement
    :
  2. droberts30297

droberts30297 Member

what about game loft games ? I just ordered one for .99 and Im hoping for gameloft support.
  3. gfuller70

gfuller70 Member

I am saddened by the lack of development for this fine little tablet
  4. LowRentTechGuy

LowRentTechGuy New Member

I am also ticked off because this is a very good 7 inch tablet that no one really cares about. Stock ICS would more then likely improve the already great performance and possibly put it on par with the Nexus 7 imo.

Come on now, start developing!
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Tech Guy!

The Optik seems to be a fine little tablet with a devoted following... I hope development comes along for it soon :)
  6. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Do you live in a cave (or just on this site)? :)

Root, CWM, OC Kernel & Ubuntu

CM9 & CM10, ICS & Jelly Bean, TWRP Recovery

one caveat is you lose data. The guy is overseas that is doing this, and doesn't have anyone in the US to develop on the Optik to try and restore data. So if anyone has an Optik and some development skills, hop in there and help. I wish I did have those skills & time, but unfortunately I don't. I don't really care about data. I picked up mine for free and clear thanks to an Airave upgrade and a rep that didn't mind activating it on another data line I have. Jelly Bean is fast and smooth, and I'm loving it with Holo HD Launcher.

What ticks me off though is Sprint has zero plans at the moment for either ICS or JB on this tablet, and it only went on sale in February and is still being offered. First the Evo View gets abandoned, and now Optik. WTF?

FYI, This is also the Vodafone SmartTab and ZTE V71A, You'd think ZTE would be on top of the upgrade with this tab being it is on multiple carriers in multiple countries. And people wonder why people like Apple so much.

Can't help with gameloft. Think their games are a ripoff. Either spend more money with in app purchases than the game is worth or spend way too much time doing levels over and over trying to build up funds. Whatever happened to paying money for a game up front? Have Samurai vs Zombies, and their latest update pretty much took all my paid upgrades and made them worthless. And if not for the Zombie vs Samurai mode my millions in silver would still be worthless. But I haven't touched the game in a while. And I wish they had a way to back up the data so I could play it across multiple tablets or phones. Sync to dropbox or something. Rant over.
  7. Joey Jia

Joey Jia Member

Thank you so much for ordering ZTE Tablet. Sprint folks tell me it is getting popular,and polular. This is first try for ZTE to get into PC-like industry. I have met lot of challenge and issue when design and product it.... Yiled rate is quite low... But lessons and learns...

Joey
  8. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Do you work for ZTE?