• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Waiting with patience

Not going to be an upgrade for the Eris. Incredible will be out at the end of the month and the Eris will be left behind to die a slow death with 1.5. Face it, we paid less and got the dog of the line. Its been fun but its time to move on.
Sorry, I mean there will be No official 2.1

T-Mobile and HTC released an update to Donut for the G1 a couple of months after end of life. EOL does not imply an update is never coming.

Upvote 0
Not going to be an upgrade for the Eris. Incredible will be out at the end of the month and the Eris will be left behind to die a slow death with 1.5. Face it, we paid less and got the dog of the line. Its been fun but its time to move on.
crap evil, your going to die, might as well stop feeding yourself now, stop trying to learn new things. its just pointless to carry this on when you know the end is near.

Upvote 0
Using wrinkles on a scrotum would have been a better analogy as I still would not have understood it. Do I need to live some more to figure it out?

Ok, first eww.

Second, most people don't take an interest in politics until something political directly affects them. While it is true that politics technically affects everyone all of the time it usually takes one or more issues affecting you directly to get you interested. Some people can go their whole lives without it ever really being something they care about. Once that major issue comes up for you though, you will find yourself wondering why you weren't paying attention before. It is a serious hot button topic for many though. Politics and religion are usually best left to their own forums.

Reactions: lowtech
Upvote 0
It's not a road, brother. What we keep going down is not a road.

It's a deep, deep wrinkle of age on humanity's strange but wide-eyed face.

It's not just the phone that keeps me coming back to these forums. It's wisdom like this.

Also, not that I've tried it, but this is why I waited for a 1.5 > root > 2.1 path with revert option. I'm happy as a clam with 2.1, and still don't get all this talk about lag (or any other complaint) on the Eris. Maybe I've just used computers too long to be concerned with a slight delay while the CPU centrally processes its units or whatnot, or maybe I'm just too forgiving of technical stuff after too long working tech support.

Upvote 0
just want to let you know verizon and a bunch of other vendors and benefit companies are here on site at the company i work for. Talking to the 4 reps for verizon about some of their upcoming phones and how i've been waaaaiting for 2.1 for the eris. They all said almost at the same time "it's going to be a while!" so, once i come home from watching the pens beat the sens tonight i'm going to update my eris to the 2.1 v2 leak cause i don't feel like waiting which sounds like a couple more months. Just thought i'd let you know.

go pens go!

go root, seriously!

Upvote 0
Ok, first eww.

Second, most people don't take an interest in politics until something political directly affects them. While it is true that politics technically affects everyone all of the time it usually takes one or more issues affecting you directly to get you interested. Some people can go their whole lives without it ever really being something they care about. Once that major issue comes up for you though, you will find yourself wondering why you weren't paying attention before. It is a serious hot button topic for many though. Politics and religion are usually best left to their own forums.

well said OTD, it seems with your long vampire age has come wisdom. I apologize....and smacky....I double that "ewwwww".

Upvote 0

awjeez.jpg

Reactions: Asmith1106
Upvote 0
Don't update with the leak!! It's just not worth it in my opinion.....unless you want a phone that randomly just doesn't work. You will miss calls, you won't be able to answer calls, you won't be able to make calls.....it's very buggy.....just wait.......1.5 is fine. I wish I could go back!!

I update to 2.1 v2 a week after it was released and I have not had any of these problems. I haven't had any troubles at all actually, I love it!

Upvote 0
Sorry to continue this as politics, but I saw a question not answered.

Libertarians are about liberty and believe fully in the constitution. They believe in small federal governement and that those actions not expressly granted to the federal government by the constitution are reserved for the states (10th amendment). Unlike the current politicians who view the constitution as a list of what cannot be done, it is a limit of what can be done by the feds.

The feel that help for other should come from the community as volunteerism and not from the federal government. It is the basis on what this country was founded..but somehow we seem to have lost our way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones