Wake phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. crashdogy

crashdogy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:confused:
    Any one know a better why to wake the HTC incredible up, then hitting power button?

Advertisement
  2. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that's it.. The Eris had the power button on the lower right front, under the screen's soft keys. Much nicer layout.

3. wangznthangz

wangznthangz Member

As cliche as it is to say that there is an app for that. There actually is. Search for "Lock" in the market.

4. cubfanbob

cubfanbob Member

Searching for "lock" in the Market returns many MANY entries. Any suggestions?

5. TXDINC

TXDINC New Member

did you ever find one that works for you? I have the same issue.

6. Tinsammich

Tinsammich Well-Known Member

Same issue here. I would love to be able to click the center button and have it bring up the lock screen. I think that HTC didn't do that though because it would "be to similar to the iPhone." Still would like that feature though.

7. mikeydingo

mikeydingo Well-Known Member

i believe the app is lockbot

8. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Although there are 3rd party apps that can make your optical trackpad and/or volume rockers wake the phone, none of them are 100% reliable and some can be quite buggy, so keep that in mind.

9. illusionz

illusionz Well-Known Member

Search the market for "No Lock"

10. cfmistry

cfmistry Active Member

I really want an app that lets me double tap the black screen to then bring up the swipe lock. Or even just press the optical pad. This would make the phone much easier to use IMO. I looked up the apps listed in this thread on the Market, but they didn't appear to help with our problem.
    -cyrus

11. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

Download "No Lock" from the app market. Put it one one of your 7 screens and set it to "Unlocked". Pressing the volume button will unlock the phone/screen as will pressing and holding the optical pad.

12. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

Check out "screenmodewidget" in the market.

It allows you to just hit the volume button to bring up the phone

13. davefixits

davefixits New Member

A week after I purchased my new HTC Incredible, the power button would fail to turn my phone off most of the time.

Upon removing the rear battery cover, the button worked just fine. I realized the problem was not the power button, but the opening for it. As the front and rear covers were designed to come together (i.e., form the front and rear button opening), they squeezed together too tightly on the button. This interfered with button movement.

I took the rear phone cover and gently filed away much less than 1mm (around the opening) using a diamond-tipped microdermabrasion device. The amount of plastic removed was so minimal, no can tell by visual inspection. This fix worked like a charm; I have been using my phone for days now without any problem recurrence.