Wake the screen

Last Updated:

1. omeyga

omeyga Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a better way to wake the screen than using the hat switch on top of the phone?

Advertisement
  2. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone can make a simple app for this. I'd like a wake on trackball click.

3. jbrinkley

jbrinkley Well-Known Member

anything would be better than the top button. I'm hating that.

4. WishBone

WishBone Member

Unfortunately the "top button" makes the most sense for people who carry the phone in their pocket, purse or most cases to protect against incidental screen activation and thus possible battery waste.

The trackball activation would certainly be problematic for most people using cases. I know the one I used for my old iPhone depresses the trackball on the Nexus the entire time.

That being said, I too wish there were another method that could be used as the location of the top button makes it somewhat cumbersome unless you use 2 hands.

5. raremage

raremage Well-Known Member

I have found this annoying ever since switching from an iPhone - where either the power or center buttons could be used.

But this is pretty standard on many phones these days - most of the smartphones I've played with lately, anyway, including the Pre and Droid. Seems like a hack could be put out there to enable the trackball on the N1. It just needs to annoy a programmer enough that they make the effort.

6. LansdowneMike

LansdowneMike Well-Known Member

I'd love to be able to wake it up with a vigorous up-and-down shake. I wouldn't normally do that, so it shouldn't go on accidentally.

7. omeyga

omeyga Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So many jokes I want to make out of that.

8. jbrinkley

jbrinkley Well-Known Member

lol