• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wake up lag (quick fix)

Hey guys, im not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I've found a fix for the wake up lag that I've been dealing with. It's not much, but definitely noticeable. Go to settings > Developer options. Then turn off animation for windows scale, transition scale and animator scale.

I never even thought about turning these off, so thanks for pointing it out. Although, I'm figuring this has more of an effect on TouchWiz than it would a 3rd party launcher. Nonetheless, I turned them all off, just to see how the phone would respond. Can't really notice any difference yet.

Upvote 0
I'm using Nova launcher and the difference is there. *wake up lag* meaning every time I turn the screen on, it takes around 2-3 seconds for my lock screen to appear. Now after those settings, the 2-3 sec lag is now gone and the screen pops up almost instantaneously.

After a couple wakes and scrolling, I actually do notice the difference now. Although, I don't know if the difference is in my head or not. I'm going to keep on evaluating performance throughout the remainder of this battery life, as well as when I swap out the battery tomorrow. Thanks again for pointing this out.

Upvote 0
Yeah, no problem. I've also noticed smoother transitions from apps back to the homescreen when pressing the home button. I don't think it has much or any effect on battery life. Just smoother transitions. Tell me what you find in your evaluation when it's complete. Thanks.

Yeah, that's one thing I've noticed since turning them off (but again, was thinking that it might be partly in my sub-conscious mind).

Upvote 0
Your mind isn't playing tricks. I definitely feel and see the difference. So you didn't have the wake up lag to begin with?

Wake up lag was minimal, but I'm also using WidgetLocker, instead of the stock locker. Plus, I have security lock pin for my work exchange, so that always adds some lag, whenever the pin gets activated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones