Wake up screen without power button?Support

Last Updated:

1. chcougar1

chcougar1 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if there is another way to wake up the screen besides pushing the power button every time?

Is this an Android thing? I believe my roommates Droid does the same thing.

I think there are similar threads for this I just suck at searching this forum:(

So are there any alternatives to waking up our screens on the Evo without using the power button every time?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. i was wondering the same thing. coming from a phone that i can press any button to wake it up. im hoping theres a way to maybe hit the home button, or at least the side volume button to wake it up. my hands are just small enought that i cant reach the power button with one hand.
  3. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

4. vdastoli1

vdastoli1 Member

I also need shortcut for this. Number one issue right now for me is using power button. Mylock is a good app but it works for the unlock but not wakeup. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    ss220 likes this.
  5. tonyguy2000

tonyguy2000 Well-Known Member

I d/l an app called "no lock". Let's you use the volume button to wake up the phone. never use the power button except to turn off the phone now.
  6. redenfield

redenfield Active Member

Money!
  7. senormatt

senormatt Well-Known Member

I would love to hold down the home button for about 3 seconds to wake up the phone.
  8. senormatt

senormatt Well-Known Member

this actually works pretty good - it completely gets rid of the unlock screen so you just power on. the evo's hardware buttons are pretty recessed so this should work just fine.
  9. tonyguy2000

tonyguy2000 Well-Known Member

10. CoachEVO

CoachEVO Well-Known Member

That app is the "stuff". Thanks for letting me know.
  11. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Absolutely bloody great. Thanks for posting that. Love how there always seems to be an app in the Android Market to pretty much tweak any part of the OS that we might not like. So different from the iPhone app store where nothing was really allowed to fix or tweak the hard-coded interface choices.
  12. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Wonder if any more battery is used when not locked?
  13. scnat

scnat Active Member

no lock works good
  14. thearch1tect

thearch1tect Active Member

so is there some benefit to using another button to wake the phone up from sleep or is just for ppl that find it a pain to reach for the power button?
  15. No benefit other than its easier to reach the side buttons with one hand
  16. AHWagner

AHWagner Well-Known Member

There anyway you can wake up the screen using the volume buttons and still have the 'slide' locking screen? I find it hard to reach the power button.
  17. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

or how about a custom voice activated unlock? lol.

that would be awesome. "Open sesame"
    AHWagner likes this.
  18. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

such a useful and simple app. thanks a lot. just hope it does not use a lot of battery running in the background
  19. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Huh... yeah, didn't think about the battery use. Perhaps using the No Lock app never really puts the phone in standby properly? We're all aware that battery life isn't the greatest already so I'd hate to see it worsen. Is there any way we can find such a thing out?
  20. I used No Lock all day yesterday, and I didn't see any difference in battery life.
  21. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

I didn't see it mentioned, you can hit the MENU button twice to activate the phone as well.
  22. veereihen6

veereihen6 Active Member

This doesn't work for me......
  23. nope, not with the evo. I believe this is because the buttons are touch sensitive, not actual buttons. so when the screen is asleep so are the buttons.
  24. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

25. NiCK Crush

NiCK Crush Well-Known Member