wake up

Last Updated:

1. choij2000

choij2000 Member This Topic's Starter

ok, i just got my phone this am, so i have a couple of dumb questions:

-is there another way to wake the phone up from sleep? i can only wake it up by pressing the power button on top. the other buttons don't do anything.

-is there a way to turn off the 'slide to unlock' feature? its kinda of annoying if i have the security unlock pattern turned on as well.

thanks.

Advertisement
  2. KiLo11

KiLo11 Well-Known Member

-no

-i dont believe u can do that without rooting but i havent seen it done on any other device

choij2000 likes this.
  3. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

to your first question, god I wish there was. Coming from my G1 it sucks to have to hit that button. I like the slide unlock.

4. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

I think there are some apps that can help you with #1.

Here are some apps to try (The incredible guys said they had some bugs but they may be worth a try):

No Lock - Android app on AppBrain

Lock 2.0 - Limited Demo - Android app on AppBrain

Lock 2.0 - Full - Android app on AppBrain

#2 - I looked around the incredible forum (they had a few threads with the same question) and didn't find a solution. Although they did say hitting the menu button did the same as sliding so that makes it slightly easier i guess.

5. GuySmily

GuySmily Member

I find this really irritating too. Unfortunately, it seems like the Incredible guys have the same problem, and nobody knows any way to make it pattern-unlock only.

Link: http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/70117-getting-rid-swiping-unlock-screen.html

How do we get in touch with HTC to tell them to fix this?

The funniest part is that I was trying to make my iPhone look more like an Android, so I got rid of the swipe-unlock in exchange for an android-style pattern-unlock. Now I have a real Android phone, but I can't get rid of the iPhone-style swipe-unlock.

6. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

use no-lock; end of problem...

you will have to touch either the volume rocker or the power button to wake it up.
    or just set the screen to "never off" and the phone will never sleep

on the Incredble, you could touch the "menu button" if you had no-lock installed to wake the phone up; on the EVO, you have to touch the volume rocker or the power button..

I dont like this either, and I am sure someone will write a software program to change this; until then, no-lock is the answer to the problem

7. GuySmily

GuySmily Member

No-lock turns off BOTH the swipe and the pattern. I want to keep the pattern unlock. I guess patience is key.

Or I'll have to learn how to develop software for the Android.