waking phone-turn screen onGeneral

1. gvc

gvc Well-Known Member

the only way to wake the phone and turn on the display is to touch the power button. I would like to find a way to wake it up using the volume rockers. I tried a build.prop edit : ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=0, but it seems to work at first but after a while it wont turn the screen back on. I've tried an unlock app but it does the same..it may work right away but after a long while can only wake it up using power key. any other suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. I have the opposite problem. I don't want the volume rocker to awaken the screen. I don't remember what the default characteristic for the volume buttons (regarding screen state), and I installed an "unlocker" type app (No Lock by BoD) shortly after getting the phone. I think the unlocker app may have changed how they operate. I think this app may also be responsible for my phone sometimes presenting me with two unlock screens (the default and GoLocker which I prefer).

BTW, a while back I read on the "No Lock" market page that with his app installed, it would be impossible to get the volume rocker to behave differently than the power button. I checked for that today, and cannot find any mention of that. So maybe he fixed it. Even with his app uninstalled, I cannot seem to get the "sleeping" screen to ignore volume rocker input.

The reason for all of this is that I use a holster for my phone and it sometimes rubs the volume rocker, which wakes up the screen. Or worse, sometimes as I put the phone in my holster, the volume rocker will wake the phone and I will inadvertently press the power button. As you probably know, this brings up the silent mode/flight mode/power off screen. There have been times that I've taken my phone out of my pocket to find it had been powered down (with a full charge), possibly due to my clumsiness with the case and those buttons. This is why I want the state of the "sleeping" screen to disregard volume rocker input.

Sorry about the wall of text.
  3. rexxcastle

rexxcastle Well-Known Member

i was using a olster as well and i will say that this phone was set up piss poorly for a holster =/ i use my face down and i hit my power button every time.