Waking up phone problem.

Last Updated:

1. King Stampede

King Stampede Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else having a problem of not having the screen turn on when you press the power button from sleep? It doesn't happen often but it does happen. This is my second Captivate as my last one would shut itself off randomly and that phone also had this problem.

Yes, I make sure I pressed the power button and waited a couple seconds to make sure it just wasn't lag but I can guarantee you it is not. Like I said, it doesn't happen all the time but maybe once every 2 days. I'm guessing it's a slight problem with other users as it happened on my last phone but I'm not sure. Hopefully it's a software issue.

Advertisement
  2. samtr87

samtr87 Well-Known Member

Do you use SetCPU?

3. JNKS

JNKS Member

I have had this happen also, very infrequently. maybe twice in 3 weeks. I do use Set CPU

4. samtr87

I have a suspicion that it may be SetCPU. Happened to mine. Read some reviews in the Market and it looks like other Captivate and Vibrant owners who use the program experience something similar. Try leaving it set at default specs and see if it happens anymore.

5. vapor311

vapor311 Well-Known Member

please read this thread

this is my last post after arguing with a person who claims to have spent 100s of hours working on setcpu and how it should be setup. Ive now done it his way and its still let down of an app that has tons of potential but is very quirky. It locks my phone up anytime i wake it up from sleep. Enjoy and feel free to comment about setcpu doing this to your phone, its a wide spread issue and if he is who he claims to be he needs to stop being such a rude jackass to everyone and realize there IS AN ISSUE with his app.

http://androidforums.com/captivate-all-things-root/159799-setcpu.html#post1535243

6. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

This happens on my phone as well, and I dont use setcpu

7. ace35

ace35 Well-Known Member

had this happen 1 time, right after ( a few hrs) of installing some apps(not setcpu) had to remove battery to get it back. un-installed app and it went away.

8. ericos123

ericos123 Member

i was having same problem try looking at your profile settings in setcpu if your clock speed is to low phone will shutdown and you need to pull battery

9. johnhazelwood

johnhazelwood Member

I had this happen as well. I found mail Droid was hanging my phone. I uninstalled and my phone is lightning fast again. I actually reinstalled mail Droid and the phone started lagging again. Might just be a conflict with mail Droid and something else that is running.

10. King Stampede

King Stampede Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am not using setcpu nor is my phone rooted or tinkered with in anyway.

It's starting to get annoying. I don't want to get a refurbished phone from samsung as my 30 days have passed.

I guess I'll just deal with it.

11. samtr87

Do you know if it started happening after you installed a program? Or anything that messes with the processor speeds?

12. Cuerbo

Cuerbo Well-Known Member

If Facebook is set to update automatically, this could be your issue. Also, open your browser and select the menu key (all the way to the left), make sure you don't have a ton of browser windows opened. This happened to me when I first started using the phone. Another application that caused havoc for me was ESPN, it literally brought the phone to a crawl.