Waking up the Droid

Last Updated:

1. droidjim

droidjim Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody found a way to unlock the Droid other than the lock key or opening the keyboard? I wish there was some gesture or button combo to unlock it. I believe its actually a touchscreen lock so i doubt there is any other way.

Advertisement
  2. sohc sti

sohc sti Well-Known Member

What I liked on the storm is that you can wake it up with the call end button on the bottom witch made it perfect for one handed use. I haven't been able to find any other way other than the ones you mentioned.

3. joscon

joscon Active Member

subscribed

4. Timmaaay4

Timmaaay4 Well-Known Member

i really hope that there is an app for this coming. i hate having to hit the button on the top, or you can just slide the key broad out, you don't even have to slide it out all the way.

5. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

I'm not understanding the problem here...none of the buttons on the front are real buttons...any other way would lead to it unlocking in my pocket when I don't want it to.

6. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

Well I guess it has to do with hand size. I can easily grasp the phone in one hand and my index finger lands perfectly on the button and my thumb in place to do my slide combo.

Although a shake wake up would be nice.

7. Timmaaay4

Timmaaay4 Well-Known Member

it has nothing to do with the size of my hand as i am 6-3 and can palm a basketball. i would much rather be able to hit the camera button and then swipe the screen to unlock. if it was in you pocket and you hit the camera button you still have to swipe the screen so i don't see how this would be a problem

8. droidjim

droidjim Member This Topic's Starter

I if it didn't auto lock when the screen times out that would be OK too.

9. dougiesgoindeep

dougiesgoindeep Active Member

An application where you could shake the phone to wake it up would be great. It would need to use the light sensor to know when it was outside of your pocket.

10. mxrider821

mxrider821 Well-Known Member

ya somthing like that would be cool, but anything would really be helpful. another thing is the camera key to turn on the screen would be cool too

11. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Something like PocketShield for Windows Mobile would do well for the Droid. Although I am personally excited to have it not wake up unless I hit the power button , I have a strong preference for just that.

I just bought PocketShield for my Touch Pro2 a couple of weeks ago and it allows unlocking by light sensor ( ie taking it out of the case and or pocket ) or by movement 'gestures' by flipping or shaking in specific motions.

I have emailed the developers inquiring.