Wal-mart have it for 149.00

Last Updated:

1. pbpatel1981

pbpatel1981 Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys wal mart have captivate for 149.00 with two years. my sister work there.

Advertisement
  2. kidsavior

kidsavior Well-Known Member

Online as of 3 hours ago they have the Captivate for $99 with a renewal.

3. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

I just price matched with Best Buy for $99. Is that in store you are talking about?

4. hoodtrix

hoodtrix Well-Known Member

how did you get best buy to match and is this same price in store?

5. hoodtrix

hoodtrix Well-Known Member

from what im seeing its only for new lines not upgrades

6. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

I just walked in the store and asked if they price matched online. Told them my LetsTalk order hadn't shipped (because it got canceled, but they didnt need to know that), and that I wanted to cancel my no contract order, and buy from them. They couldn't do the $229 price since it wasn't showing that online anymore, but they did do the $99 price when they looked it up online. Real nice people, just a shame they couldn't price match the $229 even with my reciept

7. optendo

optendo Member

There was a thread on this already but it seems to be few pages back now. I got the 99$ price match at BB by printing the walmart webpage of the phone being $99 and handing it to the sales person. Some BBs are honoring it and some aren't. I guess I am lucky that mine did.

Edit: found the post
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-captivate/125756-captivate-free-walmart-5.html
    look at post #225 and #243

8. kidsavior

I just walked into my local Best Buy and asked. They looked up Walmart.com and checked the price and said they would match the $99 price.

9. epvq30

epvq30 Member

give it another month and it'll be free on contract.

10. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

I upgraded my iphone to the captivate 2 days ago on letstalk.com and got it for $99 with a 2 year contract. You dont have to be a NEW customer.

11. nmoline

nmoline Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart's website lists it as $99.99 as an upgrade. I previously purchased the phone from ATT for $199. Can I return the phone to ATT get the 199-35(restocking fee) for 164 returned to me and then go purchase the phone as an upgrade at Wal-Mart for $99? It would save me $65.

12. jonE5

jonE5 Well-Known Member

Also wondering if ATT will refund some of the price, or if i should just return, then get another one from walmart bb etc..?

13. nmoline

nmoline Well-Known Member

This is what I am thinking I may do. I might call the ATT store and discuss the situation. See if they want to go through the trouble of restocking a used phone or just refund the price.

14. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member

This is through LetsTalk.com and unfortunately you cannot keep your plan if you have the Family Talk 550 min plan. They make you switch to a higher min./cost plan.

15. kidsavior

The only problem is that at Walmart you have to HAVE your upgrade. AT&T can upgrade you early, you just pay the 199 price

16. optendo

optendo Member

Or you can go to BB with the walmart print out and let them match your price. Worked for me. And if I don't like it I can return it to BB within 30days with no restock fee.

17. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like BB or Walmart will let you keep your unlimited data plan either.

18. kidsavior

Best Buy checked my upgrade staus. Even with the walmart price. AT&T will let me upgrade early AT thier store or over the phone with them, but not anywhere else.

How did you manage it? Plus I live in CA and they add tax based off of the $549 price at Best Buy

19. optendo

optendo Member

20. optendo

optendo Member

I had some issues with my unlimited data plan as well. I had to talk to ATT (611) and told them I am grandfathered in and they were able to switch me back to my unlimited data plan within a day.

21. kidsavior

22. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

Letstalk.com includes a flyer with your phone. They say if you want to make any plan changes to call them and not ATT. They bypass ATT so if you wanna end your contract early, all you have to do is send the phone back to them and you wont be charged an early termination fee. They messed up and took the data off my iphone before I got the Captivate. I had to call ATT to get data put back, which they did with no problem. When I got the Captivate, all I had to do was take the sim card out of the iphone and put it in the captivate. I logged onto my account and it switched already. I still had to call ATT because it showed the iphone data plan. Called them and they switched to the UNLIMITED smartphone data plan.

23. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member

I got mine yesterday from wal-mart for $149 and paid tax off that price, not the original $499 msrp, so it came to be $167 or something out the door. Kept everything the same.

Bestbuy had it for $229. I didn't want to brother with price matching because I hate BB to begin with.

24. LarrynKy

LarrynKy Active Member

I was just at my local Walmart and they had the Cpativate for 148.88 for the 2 yr upgrade. I bought mine last Sunday at the AT&T store for $199. I believe that AT&T will charge a $35 restocking fee if I returned mine (not sure about the activation fee). Does not seem worth it the trouble. Anyone know if AT&T may refund the price difference?

25. CLRana9017

CLRana9017 Active Member

Consider me lucky, I suppose, but I got mine for $100 via AT&T. Sometimes, being a business customer and threatening to switch to the EVO 4G when your contract is up is a good thing.