1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Walkman App sign-inSupport

Last Updated:

1. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Well-Known Member

Hey, I have a small problem with the Walkman App on my Z1. I live out in the sticks in Wales and so we get treated to barely any 3G signal...let alone 4G lol. Anyway, when I want to listen to music on my phone, I like to use the Walkman app as it is very neat and nice to use. However, I have to be at home or work when I start it, not out on the road or something as it always "signs-in" whenever I start it and it will just stay at the sign-in screen forever without Wifi. Does anyone know if there is an option to stop "signing-in" or indeed know what I am singing in for?

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

It's the Sony Unlimited music service I think. Did you sign up for the free 60 days when you first got the phone?
  3. SavageRobot

Hmm, yes could well have done. I have no idea. Haven't been charged for anything yet. I can't find anything to say if I have signed up, or how to un-sign up. I use Spotify so really don't need to be charged for another too.
  4. El Presidente

I think even if you didn't sign up, you need to log in to your Sony network account every once in a while. I think I read that as a negative in the Techradar review.

Give a few mins to check.
    SavageRobot likes this.
  5. SavageRobot

Ahh thanks. Well that's a pain then, suppose I'll just use the play music player then. Thanks.
  6. El Presidente

SavageRobot likes this.
  7. nstokes

nstokes Member

I would say download Power amp. its much better app imo. Nice, clean, works great
    SavageRobot likes this.
  8. SavageRobot

Thanks. Yes seems to be a silly idea that you have to keep logging in. We'll have to see if Sony fix the issue in future updates, until then I will keep using play music again I guess.
    Also do you know if there is a way to restore track names to what they were before? I selected to download media information in the Walkman app and it's named a huge chunk of my music to the wrong name!!
  9. El Presidente

Try some of the id3 tagging apps on Play, either that or you could put it back on your PC and let Media Player or whatever retag it?
    SavageRobot likes this.
  10. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member

Sorry to hijack the thread. I have only had the Z1 for a few days, but for the life of me I cant seem to get my music to play on the walkman app. Do I have to sign up to music unlimited to play music stored on my sd card?
  11. El Presidente

I don't think you need to sign up for music unlimited, but you do need to sign in to your Sony account I believe.

Where are you putting the music?
  12. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member

I have transferred it all to my SD card.... I think :confused:
  13. El Presidente

Sorry, I meant where on the SD Card? Any specific folder?