• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Walkthrough for CM10 JB

Sorry, apparently I am a noob at this Odin stuff..

I need something clarified. Do we go through every step as listed by JaayDog in the OP except we flash the ROM that you linked us to by Prinny instead of the one listed in the OP?

Are there any other steps needed that aren't listed here? It seems the info on this ROM is scattered across three threads and I just want to be sure.

Thanks! :D

Again, I apologize I am dense at this.

Upvote 0
Sorry, apparently I am a noob at this Odin stuff..

I need something clarified. Do we go through every step as listed by JaayDog in the OP except we flash the ROM that you linked us to by Prinny instead of the one listed in the OP?

Are there any other steps needed that aren't listed here? It seems the info on this ROM is scattered across three threads and I just want to be sure.

Thanks! :D

Again, I apologize I am dense at this.

No problem. Yes, that's correct. Just follow the steps that JaayDog listed exactly, but when it comes time to flash CM10 flash the ROM that Prinny modified instead to install Paranoid Android. Also, don't forget to flash the EG30 modem afterwards once you have the ROM up and running. :)

Reactions: TheBritton
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Alright. I had a little troubleshooting problem but I was able to install PA and flash EG30, MMS works fine, and 4G works great. This is awesome. Just got to get used to the whole "tablet" settings interface.

Now, is there anyway to change the Sprint name on the Status bar? I usually like putting in my Username MaRz0o for that spot.

Upvote 0
I'm rooted after doing that rwilco12 one-click guide. I don't have to go back to stock to do this walkthrough, right? I was comfortable with all the flashing on my OV and this is still pretty new to me with this phone. :banghead:

edit: Having reread that, I never did flash a different ROM, just got SU & Agat's Recovery. So I guess I'm still in stock minus those things. IDK, I think I answered my own question there.

Upvote 0
No problem. Yes, that's correct. Just follow the steps that JaayDog listed exactly, but when it comes time to flash CM10 flash the ROM that Prinny modified instead to install Paranoid Android. Also, don't forget to flash the EG30 modem afterwards once you have the ROM up and running. :)

Hey bro, I just picked up this beauty and am having problems. I rooted with the one click f12.exe. Then I flashed the stock root f23,exe. from the OP. Flashed the agat tar. from the OP. Used Mobile Odin to flash pa_yadayadayadavm.zip from prinny. My phone didn't reboot, so I shut it down and went back to recovery. Enter agat recovery. I wiped cache and dalvik. Rebooted to system. Paranoid Android 2+ comes up in a loop. So I shutdown phone, boot to recovery. Enter CWM 6.0.1.5! Reflash zip, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot to system and I still loop. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hey bro, I just picked up this beauty and am having problems. I rooted with the one click f12.exe. Then I flashed the stock root f23,exe. from the OP. Flashed the agat tar. from the OP. Used Mobile Odin to flash pa_yadayadayadavm.zip from prinny. My phone didn't reboot, so I shut it down and went back to recovery. Enter agat recovery. I wiped cache and dalvik. Rebooted to system. Paranoid Android 2+ comes up in a loop. So I shutdown phone, boot to recovery. Enter CWM 6.0.1.5! Reflash zip, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot to system and I still loop. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

At this point, boot into recovery and perform a factory reset, then from the reboot menu, reboot the phone. If you are where I am thinking you're at, then your phone should then boot into PA just fine.
If not, let us know.

Reactions: cobretti
Upvote 0
Hey guys, I can't seem to get this to work. I did all of the steps. I installed ODIN mobile and selected AGAT.tar, inject ODIN and the other 2 options appear to be checked but are not changable. I select wipe davlik and cache and select flash firmware and it does not boot into a recovery. How long should I wait at this point? I end up pulling the battery and flashing the sprint firmware from ODIN-OC.

9. Open Mobile Odin on your phone, scroll down to open files, navigate to your .tar recovery file and open it. It should have the file listed under Kernal. I suggest having the Inject SuperUser and Mobile Odin boxes checked. It will make it easier to revert back to stock. Click Flash Firmware.

10. Your phone will boot into recovery mode when done.

I don't get this part. Are we only flashing AGAT.tar in step 9? The everroot options are only available if I'm flashing the System. I Tried flashing anyway and it would not boot into recovery.

EDIT: Okay I ended up flashing AGAT_FL16_repack2 from here: It was the only custom recovery that I could get to boot.

Also I didn't know it was Volume Up + Power to get into custom recovery (is this mentioned anywhere?). I wiped everything and installed paranoid android and it booted now. Is it necessary to do anything after a fresh install?

Also do I just use the latest gapps for my version of android? (which is 4.1.2 in this case on pa)

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I can't seem to get this to work. I did all of the steps. I installed ODIN mobile and selected AGAT.tar, inject ODIN and the other 2 options appear to be checked but are not changable. I select wipe davlik and cache and select flash firmware and it does not boot into a recovery. How long should I wait at this point? I end up pulling the battery and flashing the sprint firmware from ODIN-OC.

I don't get this part. Are we only flashing AGAT.tar in step 9? The everroot options are only available if I'm flashing the System. I Tried flashing anyway and it would not boot into recovery.

EDIT: Okay I ended up flashing AGAT_FL16_repack2 from here: It was the only custom recovery that I could get to boot.

Also I didn't know it was Volume Up + Power to get into custom recovery (is this mentioned anywhere?). I wiped everything and installed paranoid android and it booted now. Is it necessary to do anything after a fresh install?

Also do I just use the latest gapps for my version of android? (which is 4.1.2 in this case on pa)

I'm having pretty much the exact same problem. This step does not work as described, and I'm completely stuck here. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
Download AGAT_FL16_repack2 that I linked in the previous post.

I used the PC version of ODIN to flash the tar file. (Put your phone in download mode (power+vol down) open odin, connect usb, look for COM port).
Click PDA, open your file. Make sure only Auto-Reboot option is checked. Start the flash.

Try to reboot into cmw with power+vol up.

Upvote 0
I'm having pretty much the exact same problem. This step does not work as described, and I'm completely stuck here. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

In the event you're still stuck, you fellas may have the wrong apk, not ALL Mobil ODINs will flash which would explain why old boy used ODIN desktop. Try this one, if you have something else.

Attachments

• MobileODIN_FlashKernel_D710-v1.0.apk
    6.4 MB · Views: 63
Upvote 0

Go to settings/ about phone/ baseband version. The modem package should end in eG30. If not, flash this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1381632, look for link to a .bin file. It's a one click ODIN executable. That should do ya.

I don't think that fixes MMS. That should only fix 3G as far as I know.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the file cobretti! That definitely seems like what we need. I've never seen it mentioned before though.

I had JB installed and applied the EG30 modem. It allowed 3G to connect at times (still not great) but still no mms for me at least. The Britton has everything working apparently! Maybe he can write us a little guide to a functional JellyBean rom?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones